Epilogue

Four years later

I was in the kitchen preparing lunch when I heard crying noises. I ran to the living room and saw Adam and Lily Rose teasing their little brother, Jamie.

"Stop it, you two." I told them as I snatched the teddy bear out of Adam's hands and handed it to my two year old son. "There you go, baby."

"I'm bored." Adam said as he flopped down on the couch.

"Me too, mom" Lily Rose looked up at me.

"Then go get dressed, both of you. The guests should be arriving any minute now." Both of them groaned then stood up and ran to their rooms.

I looked at my son Jamie who was laughing at nothing in particular. He brought joy to my heart. "What are you laughing at, baby?" I asked him in my baby voice. "Are you laughing at mommy?" I asked him with a playful scowl and he replied by poking my nose. "Bad baby" I scorned playfully and rained kisses on his face making him giggle.

I suddenly felt an arm wrap around my waist and turned my head sideways only for my eyes to be met with my husband. "Do you need help, darling?" He asked me.

"Yes." I gave him a smile. "Can you watch over Jamie while I finish preparing lunch?" I asked him.

He nodded and placed a hot scorching kiss on my lips. Even though we've been married for four years, that passion, that spark, it never seemed to fade.

Our family and friends were coming over for our usual Sunday lunch and I needed to get everything ready before they arrived. I walked back to the kitchen to continue cooking when I heard the doorbell ring. "Julian, honey, can you get it?" I called out and I heard him yell out a yes, darling. He always made my heart melt. I really did love him.

"What are you cooking?" I heard an excited voice ask from behind me and turned around only to be met with a grinning Charlie and his wife Estelle.

"Food" I told him with a grin of my own. "Now, out of my kitchen you go. You know the rules. No boys allowed."

"I'm not a boy." He grinned. "I'm a man."

"Tomato tomato" I smiled. "Out!" I pointed with my fingers. He pouted and walked out. I could hear him telling Julian "your wife is no fun", but I just ignored him and laughed.

I never had that rule until one time when Charlie came over to hang out with Julian while I wasn't home and they decided to make dinner. Disaster would be an understatement. I was shocked at the state the kitchen was in when I came back home. I spent all night mopping and cleaning the mess they made while they both kept saying sorry over and over again.

"How's the little one?" I asked Estelle as I placed my hand on her belly.

"He's good." She gave me a smile.

"He?" I asked her and she nodded with a wide smile.

"Charlie and I went to the doctor a couple of days ago and it's a boy!" She exclaimed.

"Oh, that's wonderful!" I hugged my best friend.

"Yeah" She said half heartedly.

I pulled back. "Why are you not happy?" I asked her with a frown.

"I am, but he eats a lot, let me tell you that." I chuckled. "And I pee like every ten seconds. Is that normal? I don't think that's normal." She started blabbering.

"Oh, it's normal, believe me." I laughed and she joined in. "I should know."

We talked a little after that and she helped me around the kitchen a bit until we heard someone calling my name.