The Call

Benjamin was closing up his Sneaker Store for the night. When a call came in. He had no idea who's number it was. He picked up. "Hello Benjamin speaking". "Hello" the voice said it was a young woman at least she sounded young. " This is detective Wells from the 261st Precient. Do you know Steve Poitrhli"? The voice went on to say. "Yes I do he is a good friend of mine" said Benjamin. "Is there something wrong"? "I am sorry to say Mr. Poitrhli and his mother was found dead this morning". Benjamin was in shock he couldn't believe his ears. He hung up the phone on Detective Wells.

Benjamin finished closing up grabbed his bag and headed to Katie's house. She was off today. When he got to Katie's house he was drenched in tears. Katie opened the door. She was in shock to see Benjamin in this shape. He told her about the phone call. She started shaking. "Poor Steve" she said.

Katie was already dressed the two friends filled with emotion s headed to Steve's house. There they were greeted by a Detective Yarles who told them to follow him downstairs were they would find Don't Wells.

" Hello you must be Benjamin and Katie. I am Detective Wells. Mr Poitrhli was right you look good together". Benjamin and Katie just looked at each other. Detective Wells asked them to sit down on the sofa that was in Steve's room.

"This is for you. It seems as if Ms Poitrhli died of natural causes. Your friend committed suicide. We already talked to his ex girlfriend. Tomorrow you two are allowed to come to sort through stuff if you would like".

A regular police officer came down stairs and handed the Detective an envelope. Wells read it. She Finally spoke. "It seems this is your property now. "Whaaat"? Said Katie I don't understand. Wells handed the envelope and it's contents to Benjamin.

Wells went to walk away and turned halfway up the stairs. "By the way. I am sorry for your lost". She said.

Katie and Benjamin left to the car. Benjamin looked at the contents of the envelope.
The top paper read

To whom it may concern,

I Paula Poitrhli leave all my belongings house and all to my son Steven. In any case that he shall perish. I leave it all to Benjamin and Katie who are my son's close friends.