Maiden of the Mineral Wings

Academy Cafeteria

"So Liana, can you please explain how the place looked like?," Nemesis asked. 

"Well, the place looks really beaten up and there was a giant circle on the ground and it looked like a puzzle except for the fact is a lot of the pieces were missing," Liana explained while projecting an image of the ruin with her light manipulation. 

"That's... That's Creation Ruins!" Nemesis said it out loud when everyone in the cafeteria suddenly looked at her.

 "Hehe, oops, sorry," Nemesis laughed and apologize before she sat back down. 

"You know the place?" Liana asked. 

"Sure, I do because I have very precious memories there," Nemesis said nicely before she went off.

 "Hmm, I wonder what did Nemesis mean by that? Was she born there?" Liana questions herself while drinking her coffee and doing her work.

Outskirts of the Academy

Nemesis had requested everyone to meet her at the Grand Court early in the morning, without telling them the reason.

 "Awh! Nemesis, why did you wake us up so early?" Stephanie asked while yawning.

"Yeah, You better have a good reason for doing this," Thanatos said while pinching Nemesis's face and staring at her. 

"I am bringing everyone on a trip, however, the first blimp can only hold nine passengers so I and Liana will take the smaller one," Nemesis explained while getting on a small blimp alongside Liana. 

"We'll meet you guys there," Ren said while waving from the other blimp. 

"So Nemesis, what precious memories do you have there in the Creation Ruins?" Liana asked while enjoying the gentle breeze.

 "Well, it's a long story. The Creation Ruins were where I first got my powers. The circle you saw in your vision is called Sigil of Creation, and with that sigil is how I obtain my powers. Ever since then, I would go the ruins to summon my spirits and play with them," Nemesis explained joyfully.

 "I see, is that why you said that place holds precious memories?" Liana asked while creating butterflies.

 "Well, something else happened as well," Nemesis said sadly.

"One day, I was playing my spirits as usual but then, this hunter came along and started to attack us. I summon most of my spirits to help but I just wasn't strong enough," Nemesis explained.

Nemesis's Flashback

"Spirit Summon! Maiden of the Barricade, Iona!" Nemesis summoned a tall lady in a green cardigan with her hair tied up in a high ponytail. Iona stretched out her hand and formed a barrier for Nemesis however it shattered the moment the hunter fired his crossbow.

 "Oh no, Iona," Nemesis cried out Iona's name before she returned to the Spirit World.

 "This is will cost me a fortune for sure," said the hunter while firing his crossbow.

 Nemesis shut her eyes, afraid that the arrow might hit her suddenly someone stood in the way and blocked it for Nemesis. 

"Huh? Ah!? Ophelia!" Nemesis shouted as she sees the Maiden of Mineral Wings, Ophelia fall.

 Ophelia was wearing a white dress with gemstones all over it with a pair of crystalline wings. "Ophelia, speak to me. You can't leave me like this," Nemesis said with tears flowing down her cheeks.

 "Nemesis, you are a powerful spirit summoner, please continue to guide the other spirits and don't forget to always smile," Ophelia said before she released a beautiful ruby encrusted butterfly. 

The butterfly flew around Nemesis before landing on the sigil of creation.

 "Nemesis, please run to the Grand Academy, this ruin is too dangerous," Ophelia said to Nemesis with a tear running down her cheek.

 Nemesis ran off and pushed the hunter away. 

The Ruby encrusted butterfly landed on the sigil and exploded, destroying the ruins and encasing the hunter in a sapphire gemstone. 

Blimp

"So that's what happened. My guess is after Ophelia destroyed the place, some part of the sigil went flying off somewhere. Look! We are approaching the rainbow mist that Ophelia created, it means we are getting nearer to the ruins," Nemesis said as she pointed towards the rainbow mist.

Creation Ruins

As they pass through the mist and landed in the ruins, Nemesis gets off to see gemstones and minerals are still growing around the ruins.

 "The hunter is still here and he is still encased inside," Nemesis said while touching it. 

"Crystalline Shatter!" Liana freed the hunter from its eternal prison with a single attempt. 

"Please leave this place, you have lost and if you wish to suffer again, you are welcome to stay," Liana said with a stern face. 

The hunter gave no reply and ran off immediately. 

"Nemesis, won't don't you try to summon Ophelia? She can help us," Liana said while putting her hand on Nemesis's shoulder.

 "I'll try. Spirit Summon, Maiden of the Mineral Wings, Ophelia!" Nemesis concentrated and summoned Ophelia's spirit form appeared instead of her physical form. 

"Hello, Nemesis. It has been such a long time. You have grown so much. I am sorry I am unable to aid you in my true form however my spirit form will still be able to aid you," Ophelia said as she raised her hands and the crystals surrounding the sigil was broken off. 

"Thank you so much, Ophelia," Nemesis thank Ophelia as she hugged her tightly. Liana and the others inspect the surrounding of the sigil to find any clues.

 "There's nothing here except the remaining pieces of the sigil that wasn't blasted off and shards of crystals," Casam said while throwing away pieces of crystal. 

"So now what do we do?" asked Jessica as she takes a seat down on a rock.

 "Hmm, there must be a clue somewhere," Liana mumbles to herself when she suddenly found a small piece of the sigil.

 Liana picked it up and it suddenly glowed and attached itself back to its former place. The sigil glowed for a short while and died out.

Suddenly, Liana's phone rang and when she picked it up, it was Liana's friend, Xia. 

"Hello, Xia. Why'd you call me for?" Liana asked. 

"Hello, Liana. I've seen your poster. You are looking for members to save Grandia?" Xia asked curiously.

 "Excuse me? I didn't post any posters about recruiting for new members. I think you've mistaken, Xia," Liana explained to Xia politely. 

"Are you sure? It says to call Liana Von Diamante," Xia replied.

 "Ok. Xia, please do a favor for me and remove all the remaining posters," Liana told Xia. 

"Guys, we have trouble back at the academy. We have to get to back immediately," Liana told everyone before they got back on the blimp and left the Creation Ruins. 

"Goodbye, Ophelia. I'll come visit and until then, I won't forget to keep smiling," Nemesis said while holding an amethyst encrusted butterfly.