-Chapter Eleven-

-No More Nightmares-

/Styles Household/

-

Louis' eyes darted around the room as he took in his surroundings. He was in the guest bedroom of Harry's house. From somewhere outside the room, he could hear loud voices that sounded oddly familiar.

Gathering as much courage as he could, the young boy got out from his bed and tiptoed to the door. When he put his hand on the doorknob, he noticed that his hand was small- smaller than usual.

Astonished, he looked down to see that he was closer to the ground than normal. He was in lavender pajamas that he distinctly remembered owning in his youth. His feet were small as well, almost entirely covered by his pajama bottoms.

He was still confused as he opened his door a tad. The lights downstairs were on, and the voices were clearer to understand.

"He's your son! Your first born! He is allowed to dress however he likes!" his mother's voice was heard. Louis was surprised. For one thing, what was his mother doing here in Harry's house?

"He is an embarrassment! He wears skirts like a little girl! He's a boy!"

"He's a human being! You have no right to tell him how to be himself!"

Louis tried stepping out of his room but something was holding him back. As he turned, he saw Jay holding his arm with an iron grip.

As Louis glanced around the room, he noticed that he wasn't in the guest room, but in the entrance hall outside his own house.

"Don't run after him, Louis. He's not coming back," Jay told Louis with a small voice. Louis looked up to her in his short stance. Louis turned back and saw his dad walking away.

"Papa?" he said without consciousness. On the inside, he was trying to figure out why he said that.

And then he was started to go after the man he once called his father. "Papa!" he yelled as he desperately tugged himself away from Jay.

But his father didn't turn back as he walked away from his and his mother's life.

The Louis on the inside was trying to calm down the one trying to chase after his father. But he couldn't tell the smaller Louis what was happening. He couldn't tell the small Louis that his dad was gone forever.

"He's not coming back, Louis," Jay said with finality. Small Louis felt the ground leave his feet, and he felt himself get carried back inside perched on his mother's hip.

Small Louis cried against his mummy's shoulder as he stuck his thumb in his mouth.

'Come back, papa,' He screamed in his mind. But there wasn't a ring on his doorbell with his dad on the other side.

Then he was set down by his mother, and from his blurry tear-obscured view, he could see her walk away. He tried walking to her, but his feet were glued to the floor.

"Mummy?!" he called to his mum. Jay didn't turn back to him.

Niall came out of nowhere too, along with Liam. They both glanced down at Louis before walking away, hand in hand.