- Chapter Fifty Seven -

/Styles-Tomlinson Household/

-

"Can we please try for a baby, Louis?" Harry asked while Louis stared at the mirror removing his makeup. The younger boy watched in his reflection as Harry wrapped his arms around his waist and perched his head on his shoulder. He set down his makeup wipe and let out a sigh. Looking down the counter, he replied, "Harry, I told you, I'm not ready to have kids. We're not ready to have kids. We're still in college, and we're not married. I want to be really ready for a baby, not just want one because Niall and Liam have one."

Harry frowned and leaned his head against Louis', "I know, but I really want a baby with you." Louis didn't reply for a while and landed his eyes on everywhere except Harry. "You... you do want kids with me right baby?" Harry asked, hesitant. It was only then when Louis turned to him. "Of course I do, love. But not now."

"We can handle a little one, can't we? We could have Malcolm watch her during the day, pay her for it. We're fine money-wise. I'm going to be taking over the family business soon and that means the money won't have to be given by my dad anymore. Think about it, little home, we could make our family whenever we want." Harry looked into Louis eyes while his hands went down to hold Louis' flat stomach. The younger boy let out a sigh. "That's the thing, Hazza. I don't want to rush everything and have kids now. We have all the time in the world, we're still young. I'm just not ready for a baby. I'm sorry," Louis left the bathroom and headed down to the kitchen to resume working on his laptop.

Harry stayed in the bathroom for a moment, upset at both himself and Louis, but mostly himself. It hadn't completely crossed his mind that Louis wasn't ready to have kids. He was too caught up in this fantasy of having a beautiful baby with the one he loved to realize that the said lover didn't want that just yet. Harry took a deep breath and exhaled slowly before splashing his face with water and heading down to go back to his own work. As he passed by Louis, he kissed the boy's cheek and whispered, "I understand. I'm sorry if I was a little pushy earlier." Louis stopped typing his essay and spun around in the high chair. "It's okay, love. Just, please wait for me? I want kids with you, but later, okay?"

"I'll wait, I promise."

-

"I think she's broken," Niall said over loud baby cries and Liam desperately shushing Violet. It had only been a couple days since she was released from the hospital, and the new parents were still trying to adjust to all the demands. "Did you feed her yet?" Harry asked over Louis' shoulder. The two watched Niall turn around on the Facetime and ask Liam the same question. Liam nodded, "Yeah, an hour ago. And I just changed her. What more does she want?!"  Niall promptly told Liam to calm down and set his phone to were they could be seen by Harry and Louis. The blonde took his crying daughter from Liam and bounced her on his hip, shushing her and rocking her back and forth. "Maybe put on some music, Liam, she calms down like that sometimes,"  Niall instructed. While Liam searched for some calming music Niall brought the crying Violet closer to his phone. "Look baby, those are your uncles," he said.

"Hi Violet," Louis cooed to the camera. All he got was a loud cry in return, followed with an apologetic face from Niall. "Got it!" They heard Liam exclaim in the background. The baby cries mixed in with calm piano music. Niall rocked Violet gently, and after what seemed like hours of her crying her heart out, she quieted down to a small coo. Louis and Harry watched with a smile on their face as Violet yawned while her parents wiped away her tears. "God it hasn't been this quiet in the house in the past two days," Liam sighed with a small laugh. The rest of them laughed with him, then admired the cute newborn.

"Are you guys going over to Malcolm's place tonight?" Louis asked. They nodded, with Niall replying. "Yeah, she wanted to see Violet too." Speaking of Violet, it was only until he mentioned Malcolm that he saw Violet's Incredibles onesie. He smiled to himself at how cute she looked. "I guess we'll see there at seven then?" Harry told them. Niall and Liam said yes. "If we're late it'll be because of this little monster,"  Niall gestured to his baby. They laughed before saying their goodbyes and hanging up.

Louis sighed as he turned to his love. "Did you see Violet's onesie? We should name our kid after a character so that Malcolm can buy them a onesie too." Harry let out a laugh. "I mean I have some names in mind but I don't know if they're from characters," he replied. "But I'm giving birth to our kid, I should have a name input," Louis argued back with a playful smile. "I didn't say you don't have name input, did I baby?" Harry smiled back.  

"It better not be a weird name, I don't want other parents to laugh at our baby," Louis said after a moment. Harry scoffed, "You make it sound like I'm not creative, babe. I have a good list of names, I'll have you know." Louis shook his head fondly and exited the living room. "Sure you do, love! And I have curly hair!" he called back as he went into the kitchen. "You're lucky you're cute and you can get away with that!" Harry replied with a smirk and a shake of his head.

/Payne-Horan Household/

-

"Mal, can you please be careful with her? We've only had her for three days and there's no return policy," Niall said to his friend as she walked around with the baby. Liam laughed and wrapped his free arm around Niall. "She's got it, Ni. You're overreacting," he reassured. The blonde boy let out an understanding sigh, "Sorry. Just a little protective, that's all. Liam gave a smile to Malcolm before leading Niall into the kitchen, where Louis and Harry were busy setting up (and play-arguing about) drinks.

"Shh, you're not listening to me. I'm just saying, it's better with chocolate cake than vanilla," was the first thing the new parents heard as they entered. Louis had a bottle of red wine in his hands as he made a few rearrangements to the fridge. As he set it down, he replied to Harry. "No, vanilla is sweeter so it helps balance it out." Harry mockingly scoffed as he set up plates. "Wine isn't even bitter. It's has like a... tart-like taste to it. So, you have the slight fruitiness from the wine and then you have the chocolate. You of all people know that fruit and chocolate go well."

"You two bicker like an old married couple. It gets annoying to a point, honestly," Niall interrupted before the two went any further. The two laughed and the "argument" was silenced. Just like that. Niall shook his head and grabbed a plate from the cupboard.

"Come on, you lot, I'm starving."

-

-stylesonlyx

💜