22. Lies.

Omniscient pov

Dawson walks through the door slowly, his face stoic, hard as a rock. The way he walked in ended any bickering going on between Tee and Stephanie, but only for a second. "Like I said Telara, you ain't nothing but a back stabbing ass bitch!"

"Stephanie." Dawson says lowly.

Stephanie ignores him, "I should've let them bitches whip your ass down in Nola!"

"Stephanie."

"Shouldn't have gave yo' dumb ass a come up if I knew you would turn around and betray me like this! Ole dumb ass bit--"

"Daniel is dead."

For the second time in the last 48 hours, every life froze. Stephanie looked to Dawson and blinked, "What the fuck did you just say?" she asks. Dawson gets chills down his spine from the look that she is giving him. "Daniel is dead."

"What?" Tee gasps. Dawson ignores Tee and keeps his eyes trained on Stephanie, "He committed suicide in his holding cell. A guard found him 20 minutes ago." He finishes.

Daniel is dead? No, it couldn't be. Not the boy that made Stephanie smile, not the boy that fought for her, surely not her Daniel. There has to be a mix up. Or so she thought.

"You're a lying ass piece of shit." She curses, her eyes hard. Dawson is taken back at her words. "How dare you walk into this room and let that lie fall from yo' crusty ass mouth?"

"Stephanie--"

"Daniel is not dead you piece of shit. Gone fucking sit here and lie to me-- get out of my fucking room! Bunch of ain't shit, ain't never gone be shit people, get the fuck out!" She shouts, her voice getting louder and louder with each word.

Tee opens her mouth to say something but decides against it. She simply stands and leaves, crying her heart out as she goes. Dawson on the other hand stands there a bit longer, his face stoic once again. "You may not accept that he's gone, but he is. When you finally accept that he's gone, me and Tee will be here for you."

Dawson walks out of the room and Stephanie fumes in her spot. She stares at the wall in front of her, constantly thinking, "it's not true, he's alive, he's alive. Dawson secretly loves me, so he's lying!"

But by the way her heart dropped, added to the look in Dawson's eyes, she knew somewhere in her heart that he was telling the truth.

To this who guessed it, congrats you were right, Danny boy is gone! Remember the next update will be on the 21st!