Chapter Twenty

Arias POV
It was the day of the competition. Me and Ashton were up and ready to leave our hotel around 8am, ready to practice. We made our way to the recording studio downtown where we had agreed to rehearse. The venue from the other night was only down the road so it wasn't going to take long to get there.

We practised until 6pm only stopping for lunch. We headed down to the venue at 6:15pm. We were still a bit worried that the rest of the competition had probably been practising for months. We on the other hand had only 2 and a half days, if that. The competition was due to start at 7pm. We headed to the venue where we found a stage had been erected for the performance. We were taken to a room that we had not been into where we met the other people taking part in the competition. All the competitors had to be there by 6:30pm so they knew who was competing and when they were going to perform. We found out we were up last, which made our performance time about 8:30pm. I was beginning to let the nerves get the better of me. I think Ashton had noticed too. I kept fiddling with the sleeves of my long sleeved t-shirt, which I would soon be changing out of. Ashton gave me a look to ask if I was okay, I took a second before I nodded hoping it would convince him enough. I think it did. Calum  suddenly appeared. 

'They have some changing rooms down the hall so we are going to go and get ready, girls are next door. Are you coming?' He asked. I nodded and followed them down the hall.

Ashton's POV
I noticed Aria was looking a little pale and I thought how nervous she must be. I didn't really understand why, she had the best voice I had ever heard. I loved it and I loved her, but I wasn't just saying that because of that reason. She actually did have an absolutely incredible voice. Everyone was saying it. 

We all went down to the changing rooms to get changed. Aria went next door where the girls changing room was. I told her I'd wait outside after we were done and she nodded. It took us about 10 minute to get into our smart casual attire and sort out our hair. Then we made our way outside. Aria wasn't out yet so I assumed she was still getting ready. I tried to phone her to find out, it went straight to answer phone. I was confused, she always answers her phone. I tried to peak in, and there was nobody I could see in there so I called Aria. I heard a sob come from one of the cubicles and told Luke to tell any other girls that this changing room was out of order.
I knocked on the cubicle door, there was no answer. 

'Aria? I know that's you. Please talk to me.' I begged. I heard the catch on the cubicle go so I opened it slowly. Aria was sat on the bench with her head in her hands. 

'Baby girl, what's up?' i cooed....Nothing. 

'Aria, babe, I can't help you if I don't know what's wrong?' I encouraged. Finally she took her head out of her hand. Her eyes were raw red and bloodshot. I pulled her up by her hands and towards my chest. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her head. I didn't think I could love anyone more then I loved Paisley, but I couldn't have been more wrong. I loved this women in my arms more then everything in the world that I had. It hurt to see her cry, it completely broke my heart. It made me want to cry but I knew I had to be strong for her. I didn't even know what was wrong.

'I can't do it Ash' she sobbed into my chest.

'If you don't want to do it then we won't do it. No one is forcing you Aria, it's just a bit of fun.' I explained, knowing she was on about the competition.

'I just don't want to let you down' she continued, still sobbing into my chest.I pulled her away to look into her eyes. 

'Aria, you could never let me down. I love you more then you could ever possibly know. However I do not say that you are the best singer I have ever heard because of this reason. I say this because it is true. So many people say it. All the guys, Nia, Arzaylea, Crystal, John, everyone. It's only you that can't see it. You truly are incredible and the most beautiful girl I have ever set my eyes on. You could never ever let me down. If you don't want to do the competition, we won't do it.' I explained to her, not blinking or taking my eyes from hers once.