Chapter Twelve

Ashton's POV
Aria and Calum returned from the coffee shop 20 minutes later drinks in hand. Well they were gone we just sat talking about ideas for a new song. 

'Hey guys, thanks for the drinks?' Michael shouted excitedly across the room, when Cal and Aria returned. We all walked over and collected our drink off of Cal and Aria. I was sat with my guitar in my lap, I could see Aria in the corner of my eye watching me. 

'Hey Aria, can you play any instruments?' I asked her. 

'Yeah, I play guitar and piano and I sing a little.' She replies shyly. 

'Really, that's awesome. Can we hear you sing?' Luke interferes. 

'I'm really not that good.' She says going read. I get up and walk over to her. 

'Please, for me?' I beg. She stays silent for a moment 

'Okay, but you've gotta singing with me.' She replies finally. I start strumming the melody to our song 'Never Be' on my guitar. 

'You know this one?' She nods nervously in reply and I start singing.

'I need your love to light up this house,
I wanna know what you're all about,
I wanna feel you, feel you tonight,
I wanna tell you that it's alright,
I need you love to guide me back home,
When I'm with you I'm never alone,
I need to feel you, feel you tonight,
I need to tell you that it's alright.'

I signal for Aria to sing, and she does.

'We'll never be as young as we are now,
It's time to leave this old black and white town,
Let's seize the day,
Let's run away,
Don't let the colours fade to grey,
We'll never be as young as we are now.
As young as we are now.'

Aria's POV
Everyone stopped and went silent. Ashton, Michael, Luke and Calum just looked at Me, their mouths wide open in shock. I felt a little worried. 

'Sorry, but in my defence I did tell you I wasn't great.' I mumble. 

'What are you talking about that was amazing!' Luke said. 

'You should sign with us more often, maybe we could write together.' Calum winked. 

'I think we should call it quits for one day. We'll pick up from where we left off tomorrow, great jobs lads and ladette' Michael says, smiling happily.

Luke, Michael and Calum collect their things together and walk out of the door. Ashton was a bit slower, I felt he was lingering back a bit. I stayed and waited for him. 

'Need a hand' I ask, smiling. 

'No thanks, I think I can manage.' He replied, guitar in one hand with his coat slung over it. I held the door open for him and he drape his free arm over me, pulling me into a hug and kissing the side of my head. 

'You were incredible in there. You know that?' He says meaningfully. 

'I wasn't, not compared to you. You sounded amazing' I reply. 

'Aria you honestly have one of the best voices I have ever heard. I know you like to write but I didn't know you had a voice like that. You were incredible in there you need to stop comparing yourself to everyone else and believe in yourself' Ashton encouraged. There was a short silence before he stopped. I looked at him inquisitively. 

'Aria.... I know we have only known each other.. a day or two but... Will you do me the honour of being my girlfriend?'. I was in shock, I didn't know quite what to say. 

'Ashton, I really like you. You are possibly the sweetest guy I have ever met. I haven't felt this way in a long time. You make me feel...special. Of course I will be your girlfriend.' I smile and blush. He pulled me into him and kissed me gently.

We made our way out into the reception area, where everyone was waiting for us. As we rounded the corner Ashton took his arm from around my shoulders, and gently placed his hand in mine. I could sense that he was a bit cautious as to whether I'd like this, so to show that it was okay I intertwined my fingers with his. I watched everyone's reaction as we rounded the corner. They all tried to act like nothing was different and they hadn't noticed, but I could see by the look in each of their eyes that they had. 

Luke's POV
We were waiting for Ashton and Aria in the reception area. We hadn't realised they weren't following us until we got there. They soon showed up about 5 minutes later. I couldn't help but smile at the sight of them. Only a week ago Ashton was still mopping around although it had been months, coming up to a year in fact, since his break up with Paisley. Standing in front of me now he had the biggest smile on his face, with his arm draped around Aria. He must have noticed the stares because he soon took his arm from around her. He then subtly placed his hand in hers. They both looked so happy. I looked around at the others and saw they were smiling at what was in front of them. Nobody mentioned anything or asked any questions we just acted like it was normal. 

'Shall we all go and grab something to eat?' Michael suggested. 'That's a great idea mate, I'm starving' Ashton replied, still beaming.