Chapter Nineteen

Ashton's POV
I woke up after the most incredible night of my life, to find my arms and the space next to me empty. I looked around the room and Aria was still nowhere to be seen. I got out of bed to go and look for her. As I got closer and closer to the bathroom I could hear the sound of humming and the shower running. The door was open slightly so I listened outside for a bit as she started singing.

'Tonight I wanna drive so far,
We'll only find static on the radio,
We can't those city lights,
and I love the way you look in the firefly glow,
Saying everything without making a sound,
A cricket choir in the background,
Underneath the harvest moon,
Standing on your shoes in my barefeet,
Dancing to the rhythm of you heartbeat.'

I opened the door slightly and it creeked. 

'Ashton?' She said slightly scared. 

'Yeah it's just me. What were you just singing?' I asked curiously, taking off my clothes. 

'It was just the chorus of a song I have been working on. I've had this melody stuck in my head since last night' she explained. 

'It's incredible.' I complemented, getting into the shower with Aria, wrapping my arms around her waist. 

'Thanks. I'm glad you like it, I was thinking we could get it finished at the studio and maybe use it for the competition tomorrow night if you guys like it' she said smiling at me. 

'That's a great idea.' I smiled back. 

'Of course. I've been writing a few lyrics here and there, so we'll put it together after.' She explained.

We arrived at the studio earlier then Luke, Michael and Calum, so we thought we could have a look at the song Aria had been working on before they arrived. 

'I think I pretty much have the lyrics it's just the music to go with it now.' She smiled happily.

'Using the melody I caught you singing earlier, what about this for the chorus?' I suggested, strumming a few chords on my acoustic guitar. I played what i had in a loop and Aria came in on the second, me coming in with backing vocals once I had got the hang of the lyrics. We continued on a forth loop then stopped.

'What's going on in here?' Someone said behind us. We jumped and turned around, but we already knew that it was Michael.

Michael's POV
I walked through the doors of the studio where we had agreed to meet. I strolled along up the corridor. I opened the door and saw Ashton and Aria were already in singing away. I stood and watched them for a few seconds. When they came to a stop I decided to make my presence known. 

'What's going on in here?' I said laughing as they both jumped. 

'Michael, don't do that!' Aria slapped my arm playfully. 

'Sorry I didn't mean to make you jump Aria' I said still chuckling and giving her a hug. 

'Alright mate, Aria has written a song that we can perform tomorrow. Thought we'd practise before you lot arrived.' Ashton explained. 

'Oh cool can't wait to hear it. We need to record the last song for the album first.' I replied, just as the Calum and Luke arrived with John following behind them. 

'Alright guys' Ashton greeted them. 'Let's get started on that song you wrote.' Luke suggested.

Arias POV
'It might sound a little different then how it sounded on the phone' Ashton began to explain playfully glaring at Luke. 

'Obviously we had to split the parts so I don't exactly sing. But know it's all for you.' Ashton continued before disappearing into the studio as I waited on the other side of the glass with John. I watch as Ashton took his place behind his drum kit and started counting the other guys in. Calum started singing the first verse.

It was amazing watching Ashton at work. I could see that he finally had a vision as to what he wanted this last song to be. I still couldn't believe that he wrote this song for me. He had called it Beside You.

Calum's POV
We practised the song a few more times. I had to admit the song was sounding incredible. Ashton had clearly found his muse. The whole song was completely about her. He was absolutely besotted by her. You could hear the pain that he must've gone through in the song when they were away from each other. I felt happy that he had managed to find someone that made him that happy. The change between him now and what he was like a year ago was amazing.

Once we'd got the last song for the album recorded, Aria showed us what she had come up with. We ordered food to the studio and spent all afternoon working on the song. It was sounding brilliant. Finally we felt confident enough with the song, to go back to the hotel and sleep.