Chapter Fifteen

Michael's POV
We had been in America for about 3 days now. As soon as we landed Ashton phoned Aria to let her know we had landed safely. Over the few days we'd been in America we had been to a few radio stations to do some interviews, and been in the studio for a day. We were still only coming up with parts of songs. Ashton didn't seem his usual happy self. I sat with him when he skyped Aria yesterday and suddenly the light appeared back in his eyes. He left the room to go and fetch something, so I sat and spoke to Aria for a bit. I noticed that she didn't seem herself when he wasn't around either. She asked me how I found being away from Crystal. I explained that I had been given time to get used to it. We had been together for a year and a half now. It was still hard but it was a lot harder when we first started dating. We missed each other and spoke regularly, but we knew it was something that had to happen. I told Aria that I wished these next month would go by fast because Ashton was being a miserable bugger. Before long Ashton reappeared and I thought that I would leave them to it. I went to go and find Calum and Luke.

Ashton's POV
I sat on my hotel room bed after coming off Skype with Aria. We had been apart 3 days but words couldn't even begin to describe how much I missed her. My guitar lay next to me and I had my drumsticks in my hands tapping a random drumbeat. I put my drumsticks down and picked up my guitar. On the plane to America I had started to write out some lyrics. I started to test them out with the guitar.

'Within a minute I was all packed up,
I took a ticked to another world,
I don't wanna go, I don't wanna go.
The silent words are had to speak,
When your thoughts are all I see,
'Don't ever leave' she said to me.
When we both fall asleep underneath the same sky,
To the beat of our hearts at the same time,
So close, but so far away,
Can you hear me?'

I stopped as I felt a single tear flow down my cheek. Suddenly there was a knock on my hotel door. I wiped the tear away and got up to see who was at the door.

'Hey, you okay? Mike said you were skyping with Aria. I thought I'd see if you were okay.' Luke greeted. I moved to the side to let him in and he perched on the end of my bed.

'Yeah I'm fine.' I lied.

'Ash, we all know you miss her. It's okay.' Luke comforted.

'Have you been writing?' Luke continued, noticing the guitar and notebook that were led on bed. I nodded in response. Luke picked up the notebook and started reading.

'Ash, these are awesome. Can I hear it?' He begged. I sang the first verse and carried on as more lyrics came to me.

'She sleeps alone,
My heart wants to come home,
I wish I was, I wish I was,
Beside You.
She lies awake,
I'm tryna find the words to say,
I wish I was, i wish I was,
Beside You.'

I stopped playing and grabbed the note book, writing down the lyrics I had just came up with.

'Ash, if you finish the song, this could be the last song we write for the album. You've gotta show the others.' Luke says excited.

'Come back in an hour and we'll see where I am.' I said, smiling at Luke's excitement.

Luke's POV
An hour later myself, Michael and Calum were all sat nervously waiting for Ash to start playing. I had already explained to Calum and Michael what was going on. Just as he was about to start I had an idea. I quickly text Aria to see if she was awake, she text back saying she couldn't sleep. I told her to answer her phone when I called and just listen. As soon as Ashton started strumming the intro I rang Aria who answered just as Ashton started singing.

'Within a minute I was all packed up,
I took a ticked to another world,
I don't wanna go, I don't wanna go.
The silent words are had to speak,
When your thoughts are all I see,
'Don't ever leave' she said to me.
When we both fall asleep underneath the same sky,
To the beat of our hearts at the same time,
So close, but so far away,
Can you hear me?'

'She sleeps alone,
My heart wants to come home,
I wish I was, I wish I was,
Beside You.
She lies awake,
I'm tryna find the words to say,
I wish I was, i wish I was,
Beside You.'

Listening to him sing this song, I could tell that he poured his heart into it completely.
I could see the tears start to form in his eyes as he continued singing.

'Another day and I'm somewhere new,
I made a promise that I'll come home soon,
Bring me back, bring me back to you.
When we both wake up, underneath the same sun,
Time stops I wish that I could rewind,
So close but so far away.

'She sleeps alone,
My heart wants to come home,
I wish I was, I wish I was,
Beside You.
She lies awake,
I'm tryna find the words to say,
I wish I was, i wish I was,
Beside You.'

'There are pieces of us both,
Under every city light,
And they're shining as they fade into the night,
She sleeps alone,
My heart wants to come home,
I wish I was, I wish I was.

I watched Ashton closely as the odd tear would cascade down his face.

'She sleeps alone,
My heart wants to come home,
I wish I was, I wish I was,
Beside You.
She lies awake,
I'm tryna find the words to say,
I wish I was, i wish I was,
Beside You.'

Beside You,
She lies awake,
Beside You
I wish I was, I wish I was.

She sleeps alone,
My heart wants to come home,
I wish I was, I wish I was.

I hung up on Aria and got up to hug Ash.

Aria's POV
I sat there after Luke had phoned in tears in Ashton's jacket. It was 3am and I hadn't really been sleeping properly. I could believe Ashton had wrote a song, for me. My phone went off and I saw it was a text from Ashton.

'Babe I know it's like 3am there at the moment, and I know I was on Skype with you only a few hours ago. I just had to tell you how much I love you and miss you and I can't wait to see you. I hate that I'm so far away and that I haven't been able to hold you or kiss you. I just wrote a new song and I can't wait for you to hear it. I really do love you Aria, sweet dreams baby girl.'

Instantly I phoned him back.

'Aria? Why aren't you asleep?' Ashton asked.

'I couldn't sleep. Luke phoned me while you were singing. Ashton I love you so much. That song is amazing.' I reply.

'I'm gonna kill Luke, I was hoping to show you in person. It's about you, I miss you so much.' He said, I heard a crack in his voice.

'It's beautiful Ash and I can't wait to hear it in person. I miss you too. I'm sat in your jacket because it still smells of you. Only 3 weeks and a few days and we'll be together again. Please don't cry.' I say, trying to hold back my own tears.

'I can't help it, I wish you were here.' Ashton sobbed.

'I wish I was too. It would be better then being sat in your jacket, but I'll take what I can get for now. But I love you and I'm only a phone call away, I know it's not the same but I will see you soon.' I sniffed.

'I know I'm counting the days. I'll let you go and try and get some sleep.' Ashton said.

'Okay I'll talk to you tomorrow. I love you so much.' I replied.

'I love you more baby girl.' And with that we ended the phone call.