Chapter 21 - Dilemma

I don't know if this makes sence or not but comment plz.

"Well well well," the Junior President of Oak Tech said, casually draping arm around his date.

Shauna glared at him and shoved his arm. "Do. Not. Touch. Me." Saying each word darkly.

"Who would've thought my blind date would turn out to be Little Maria?"

"If I had known it was you, I would've stayed home drilling holes into my skull," Shauna replied unfriendly. "And keep your nasty hands off of me!" she added slapping away the hand that was slowly creeping up her thigh.

As Gary leaned back in towards the table for his drink, Shauna turned her body away to face the middle of the restaurant where there was an open dance laminated floor.

She smiled at the sight of Calem twirling Serena around with the music being played by a live band in the corner. She really wanted to dance too but unfortunately her option for a dance partner wasn't really an option or type.

Why did she always get stuck with these losers?

When Gary had been revealed as her blind date, Shauna had been unable to stop her jaw from dropping and was trying to find the exit to the roof so she could fling herself off the side of the building.

"You're really shameless, aren't you?" Shauna commented taking a small bite of bread as the waitress walked off.

Gary shot her a grin and flashed a slip of paper he held between two forefingers. "I got her number didn't I?"

"While you're on a date with another woman."

"Hmm, are you Jealous?"

"Hardly," Shauna scoffed then sipped some water. "It just gives me more to hate, that's all."

"Hate all you want Maria but remember, I'm the one paying for your dinner tonight. And I own this building," Gary said taking a piece of bread.

"Your grandfather is the one who really owns it. Not you. And if you think I'm going to fall head over heels for you because you're paying for my dinner, then forget it. I'd rather pay for myself than owe a perverted freak like you," Shauna said looking over at him coolly.

Gary didn't reply as he took a bite of the bread. She watched as he pulled out his cell phone, typed something on the screen, then turned it so she could see. It was a number. A very large number indeed.

"What!? Is that how many girls you've been with since last week?"

"That my Little Maria," Gary said leaning forward with a smirk, "Is the average total cost for dinner for four not including drinks and dessert. I'm sure you can calculate how much you would owe if you still choose to pay your way out."

Shauna balked. "For one meal!? Do they raise their own animals in the back and grow their own vegetables?"

"I take it you can't afford this. Figures. You are, after all, just a cleaning woman. Which is good because you'll have to wash dishes for the next month to pay for it."

"I didn't say I couldn't afford it," Shauna clarified through her gritted teeth. Of course she could afford it. If she went without food for the next week, she could afford it. But she would never let the pervert know.

Before she could continue to speak, Serena and Calem came back to the table, both red-faced from excitement. They took sips of their water and Serena said, "You two should come join us!"

Well at least someone is having fun. And though she thought it sarcastically, Shauna really was happy that her friend seemed to be having such a good time. Serena needed this. Especially to help her get her mind off that client of hers. Alvin Ketter.

Calem put an arm around Serena, which she didn't mind at all. "This woman is a fantastic dancer! Almost at my level!"

"Well, she did take performing lessons," Shauna said with a cheeky grin.

"Really?" Calem spoke, raising one eyebrow.

"When I was in middle school," Serena said with a laugh. "I quit sometime in high school because I couldn't stand to wear tights anymore!"

"Ah yes. That would do it," Calem said in mock seriousness. He turned back to the other two, looking more towards Gary than Serena. "So, aren't you going to ask this lovely lady to dance?"

"Ah that's okay," Shauna protested. "I'm not a dancer."

"I beg to differ," Gary said with a smirk. "Wait, I seem to remember a broom and – ouch!"

Shauna kept her thin heel planted firmly atop Gary's shoe underneath the table, she smiled sweetly at her friend and Calem who were looking on curiously. "It's okay. You go on. Really. We're fine sitting here and uh, talking."

Serena stared at Shauna, giving her a look that said, 'Are you sure?' to which Shauna grinned even wider with a nod.

She would not let this date be ruined for Serena because of some pervert. Serena shrugged and said, "Okay then," and let Calem lead her back onto the dance floor.

Shauna lifted her shoe off Gary who cringed and stamped his foot to ease the pain muttering, "Crazy cleaning woman. I'll get you back for that."

Shauna looked at him "Try me" then adds with straitened face "playboy" before looking at her friend.

Gary stared as a smirk grey up on his lips "Maria, why you gotta be so ruuude, don't you - ouch!"

As Shauna firmly stamps her thin heels atop of Gary's foot once again and lifts her shoe off with a sweet gentle smile while Gary cringed and stamps in pain. 

After that, Gary craned his neck at Shauna "Why can't we just dance, just one last dance, with me" froming a smirk. 

Shauna rolled her eyes with a ignorance huff "Not in a million years" she responds. Suddenly Gary grabs Shauna hand, no hesitation and drags on the dance floor as she tried to pull away by force but it was no use, much to her strength.

"Now this is more like it" Gary grinned with his corner lips facing upwards, showing a white teeth. Shauna was glaring of his behaviour as The two danced on the dance floor with the music from the live band playing.

Next chapter coming up.