Chapter 35 - I wanna be your boyfriend, Serena.

Well, this is the final chapter, hope y'all enjoy.

Ash had absolutely no idea on what he was doing.

There had been loads of times in his life in which he felt this way. But usually he was a simple man who survived by basking in his cluelessness and continued living happily.

He stood in Serena's matchmaking shop, separated from the matchmaker herself by not just the physical entity of a counter, but also by the tension, anxiety, and longing that holds the air between them.

Right now, he did not feel blissfully happy in not knowing what was going on. All he knew was that he felt like his heart would burst out from his chest and scurried away on the floor if the gorgeous honey blond woman before him did not acknowledge his written confession soon.

He hadn't planned it this way. In fact, he hadn't planned anything at all. His idea of an apology had been to enter into the shop and say sorry. But as soon as he had laid eyes on Serena, he couldn't help but become nervous so he did the only thing he could think of and pretend this was his first time here. Basically act as he had the first day at the shop.

Luckily filling out the form was easy. He just decided to describe Serena. But now, thing had led up to this point in which he had not only not apologized, but he had instead gone so far as to write those three words.

Ash watched as Serena's eyes lingered at the bottom of his form and her body stiffened.

Oh crap. Not a good sign.

Dazzling blue eyes slowly turned upwards and locked on with his. Ash took a deep breath and straightened, ready to accept whatever the consequence. He had never done this before. Confess that is.

Serena let out a small cough. This was it.

Meanwhile, Serena had been bidding her time by staring down at the form, trying to formulate the words she would say to the handsome man before her.

She could hear his steady breathing and just that slight noise made her nervous because she knew it was Ash breathing and not anyone else.

With a deep breath, Serena finally glanced up to see that Ash had been staring at her, the intensity in his eyes like arrows piercing into her body. But she didn't look away.

She put down his form and took a few steps sideways so that she was directly across from him.

She licked her glistening lips and saw his gaze flicker downward, just a millisecond, before coming back up.

"Ash."

He jerked slightly.

"You..." She collected her thoughts then frowned. "You are an absolute jerk."

At this, Ash finally blinked.

Serena continued. "It's been more than ten years since we've seen one another and the first thing you do upon seeing me is prank me. I have to hand it to you, it's your biggest prank yet, continuing for well over a week. But besides that, your little lie has ruined my reputation as a reliable matchmaker in this town and demolished my business in the span of one weekend! Do you know how hard I worked to make this place a good business before you showed up? And now you just show up here after creating all this death and destruction and tell me that you love me and expect me to just jump into your arms to live happily ever after? Is that it?"

Ash gaped. He couldn't help it. What happened to the pensive longing vibe he had felt coming from her?

This wasn't how hopelessly romantic girls were supposed to respond to a love confession! Where were the tears? The hugs? The kisses? Truth be told, he had sort of expected Serena to jump into his arms.