Chapter 5

Hello everyone,

First of all, a big thank you to everyone who is reading and comments. It means a lot to me and these comments have helped me improve on my writing. Love you all.

Happy reading :)

*

"No!" Both of them nearly screamed in unison.

"You seriously have no idea of who am I right?" Noah said with a hit of smile yet surprise in his tone.

"You're not a murderer or rapist, are you?" I asked horrified making Noah and James burst out laughing. James was even clutching his stomach because he could not control his laughter.

"No, Abby. I'm not a murderer or rapist." My stomach flipped when I heard Noah call me Abby.

"Come in, babygirl and I'll tell you who Noah is." James opened the door wider, gesturing us to get in.

Noah and I sat on the couch while James sat on the small table across us. "Babygirl, remember the movie, The Promise?" James asked, placing his arms on his knees.

"Of course I remember that movie." I shrugged, not understanding what he is trying to say. "How can I forget such a horrible and cheesy movie like The Promise. I remember how constipated the actor looked—" I refrained myself from continuing my sentence and very slowly turned towards Noah, who was looking at me with a small smile on his face. "No-Noah Grayson?" I mimicked what James said when we were at the door. Noah slightly nodded his head at me. Shit!

I turned to James and saw his face covered with both his hands. Crap! Crap! Crap!

How could I not recognize him?!

"I am so sorry." I apologized to Noah. He shook his head at me. "I didn't mean to—" God! What should I say? I didn't mean to say bad things about you and your film? I didn't mean to not recognize you? Oh God, the list goes on and on.

"It's fine." He waved his hand as if it didn't matter to him. "It feels good to see someone not jumping on my bones. Quite refreshing actually." He smiled.

"No, it's not fine at all." I argued. "I shouldn't have said something like that." I said with lots of regret in my tone.

"Hey, it's alright. Really." Noah placed his finger on my chin and raised my head to his. It was now that I realized how handsome he is. "And yes, The Promise was quite a cheesy movie. I don't know why I'd agreed to do that." He said truthfully.

"Quite cheesy?" I asked with a mocking smile.

"Okay." He raised both his hands in surrender. "Very cheesy. But hey, teens loved the movie." He tried to defend himself.

"Whatever suits your boat." I teased making him scowl.

"Ehem." James cleared his throat bringing our attention on his. I totally forgot he was here. "Babygirl, actually, Brian called." James words froze me. "Hey are you okay? I can tell him you're not here." James asked worriedly.

I shook my head vigorously. "No, it's fine." I said. "I'll uh, I'll talk to him later."

"Well, it was a pleasure meeting you all. I'll get going now." Noah said snapping my attention towards him. I could notice a hint of annoyance in his tone and face.

"Okay." I stood up walking ahead to open the door. "Thanks for last night and everything." I said genuinely grateful. His face softened at my words.

"My pleasure, Abby." He smiled making my stomach flip a thousand times. With that he put on his shades and jogged back to his car.

I closed the door and turned towards James. He still seemed in a daze. "James are you okay?" I waved my hand before him drawing his attention to me.