Chapter Three

Note: The previous two chapters were written in Noah's POV

*

Noah's POV

I checked whether Abigail was already in her room, sleeping before I called Ryan. I twirled the bottle of beer in my hand waiting for him to pick up. Ryan was not only my manager but also my best friend. He was by my side when I was still a struggler and thank goodness, he left.

Finally, he picked up. "This better be fucking important," I heard him growl, making me chuckle. I could hear noises from behind. I'm sure he must be at this bar, surrounded by girls.

"I want all the information about Abigail Davies." I ordered, taking a sip of this beer.

"Okay, I'll do it tomorrow." He answered loudly.

"No, you'll do it now." I told him, in a no more argument tone. I heard him say something which seemed like, I'll be right back.

"Fine." He sighed before hanging up. I took a last swig of my beer before throwing the bottle in the bin. I need something stronger. Before I walked to my bar, I checked on this dark haired beauty. She was still sound asleep. Even when she sleeps, she looks beautiful. I noticed her dark long hair sprawled on the pillow making her even more desirable.

I walked to my bar and poured some whisky in a glass and put some ice. I turned on the TV and put the national geographic channel.

My mind drifted back to Olivia. I still recall the blissful years we spent together. She was perfect for me but I guess I was not good enough for her. Why would she want a break? We were so good together. I even pictured our family but it seems like she wants something else. I took a large chug of the whisky and closed my eyes tightly while swallowing. God, this burns!

I was about to make myself another drink when I heard tiny footsteps from behind. I turned towards the sound and saw Abigail looking as sexy as hell in my shirt that covered the boxers she wore. It reached her mid-thigh making her look absolutely attractive. She was looking at me with wide with surprise.

"Are you okay?" She asked, concern lacing in her voice. I was really stunned by her question. Never had one ever asked me if I was okay. Not even Olivia. God! I need to stop thinking about her.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I told her in a controlled voice. My eyes raked up and down her body and I noticed her tugging the shirt she was wearing. I think she was used to people checking her out. Or she was just shy. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Um, I was thirsty." She ran her hand over her hair, making it messier. "I'm sorry I disturbed you. I'll-I'll just go." She said uncomfortably, turning away from me.

"No, wait." I called her. I didn't want her to go. "Come, have a seat." I gestured towards the bar stool and got up from my seat and went to fill a glass of water for her.

I saw her already seated on the bar stool, watching Air Crash with lots of interest. I handed her the glass before taking a seat next to her.

"Thank you," she said in that melodious voice of hers. I nodded my head at her and filled my glass with some more whisky. "Are you sure you're okay?" She was looking unconvincingly at me. How does she know that there is something wrong?

"Why do you think something's not right?" I asked her taking another sip of my whisky looking at her with great interest.

"Well, first of all, you're sitting in the dark." I nodded at her, waiting her to go on. "And you're drinking whisky at this oddly hour." She pointed towards my nearly empty glass of whisky. "And you're watching Air Crash. Most people at this time would probably watch the Ellen Show." She explained taking a gulp of her water. Wow, this girl was really observant. In a minute, she understood that something was wrong.

"You're very observant." I voiced out my thoughts. She just shrugged at my answer as if it was no big deal.

"So, I conclude that there is something wrong." She emphasized on the word is. I didn't say anything, just watching how the investigators are examining the crash. "You know," she began, twirling her hair in her hand. This little act of hers amazed me. The way she was doing it was full of innocence. I have seen other women do it, even Olivia and they all had one thing in their mind, impress me. But this girl in front of me, is not even trying one inch to impress me. She is definitely something else. "Whatever happens, happens for the best. Don't brood over what happened. Just let it go and eventually you'll see time will do its job. Just go with the flow." If someone else would have told me this, I would have snapped at him but the fact that she was the one telling me this and the way she told me made me want to just do what she says. In one way she's right. I can't about do anything about this situation and it seems I can't change Olivia's mind. So it's better, I just move on. Whatever has to happen will happen.

"Thanks for the advice and help." I smiled gratefully at her. She began shaking her head.

"Don't thank me. You did help me today. So, it's the least I can do." She looked back at the screen.

"You like Air Crash?" I noticed how she was watching the show with great interest.

"Yeah, I love it. What about you?" She asked without taking her eyes off the screen.

"Yes, even I like this show." My answer seemed to pique her interest.

"Really?" She asked surprisingly making me chuckle at her. "You don't seem like the kind of guy who would watch Air Crash or any other documentary."

"Trust me, I'm obsessed with documentaries." I told her. "What shows do you like to watch other than Air Crash?" I have no idea why I'm asking these questions but somehow I want to know what interests her.

"I love The Ellen Show." She smiled brightly. For the first time, I'm seeing her smile this wide. "It's my favorite. I wish I could go on her show once." She said dreamily. If only she knew the many times I went there.

"Yeah, it's a great show. Ellen is a fantastic woman." I smiled at her. I was about to take another sip of my drink when she looked disapprovingly at me.

"You know, I really think you should stop drinking." She frowned. "Alcohol won't solve anything and you'll have troubles getting up tomorrow for office." This time I couldn't help myself I and started laughing. She was looking at me as if I was crazy. i laughed for a few more seconds before I calmed myself down. I wanted to tell her I don't go to office but somehow, I wanted to keep the fact that I was an actor for a while longer. It felt good to be completely normal for once.

"Are you okay?" She delicately touched my shoulders. Even her touch was totally unsullied.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I reassured her.

For the rest of the night, we kept talking about the different things that we like and I came to know that she is a fanatic of books, especially those of Nicholas Sparks. Most girls usually love make up or clothing but she keeps surprising me all the time and I had to remind myself that Abigail is not most girls.

"You should go to bed," I told her even though I didn't want her to go. "It's two in the morning." I looked at the clock on the wall.

"You should get some rest, too." She said, getting up from her seat. "Good night." She greeted and walked back to her room.

"Good night." I mumbled to myself watching her.