Chapter Four

Abigail's POV

Buzz

Buzz

Buzz

I groaned to this annoying sound and thrust my head deeper in this heavenly pillow. I never wanted to get up from this place. It was so soft and comfortable. I was about to drift back into my sleep when the buzzing sound began once again.

Against my will, I woke up and adjusted my eyes to the sunlight coming into the room. What stunned me was that I was not in my room. Where the hell was I? This was a completely alien but breathtaking room. I looked at what I was wearing and it was then I remembered that I was in the house of Noah. The gorgeous attractive man who saved me last night.

Gosh, that man was the definition of Adonis. How can someone be so devastatingly handsome? And not to forget his dark brown messy hair that was falling over his eyes and those gorgeous striking blue eyes that could make any woman weak at her knees. I still remember how he looked when he saved me from that creepy old man. His jaw was clenched making him look even more good-looking.

I was still in my daze when the buzz sound continued. I looked around and saw it was my phone. Oh crap.

I quickly got up from this heavenly bed and went in search for my phone. I saw it on the desk right in front of me and when I was about to pick it up it stopped ringing.

This James calling. I'll call him once I'm done brushing my teeth. I looked around the room and noticed there was a door. It must be the bathroom. I opened the door and was pleased to see it was indeed the bathroom. This bathroom was just like the ones you see in magazines. I could spend my whole life in here. There was even a bath tub. I shook my head and began to brush my teeth. I hope this is not Noah's brush.

Once I was done, I took my phone and saw another missed call from James. I walked out of the room and went into the kitchen. I stopped in my tracks when I saw a very handsome Noah talking with another good looking guy. Both of them stopped talking when they saw me and I noticed the guy right next to Noah smirk at me, causing me to blush. Noah, on the other hand, smiled at me and gestured me to come.

"Good morning," Noah greeted in his controlled yet husky voice. "Slept well?" He asked taking a sip of what I guess is coffee.

"Good morning." I greeted back. "Yes, I slept well. What about you?" I asked but from the corner of my eyes, I noticed the other guy watching us with great interest.

"Great. What would you like, tea or coffee?" He asked.

"Tea, please." Noah nodded and began to insert a tea bag in a cup. I was about to tell him that I can do it, but my phone went off. I pressed the green button and was about to say something when James started shouting at me.

"WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?" I had put the phone away from me for a few seconds because of his shrieking tone.

"James, calm down." I told him and this time I had the attention of both Noah and the unknown guy on me making me even more self-conscious. Noah was staring at me while the other guy was still smirking.

"Calm down? You want me to calm down when you're not home." James said hysterically.

"James, sweety, I'm fine." I saw Noah's eyebrows furrow and he was now looking piercingly at me. "I'll be home soon." I heard James sigh and mutter a fine. I ended the call and looked back at Noah who was still staring at me.

"Your boyfriend?" Noah asked coldly and I noticed him stiffen. I nearly laughed at what he said but refrained myself from doing so.

"No, he's my best friend." I told him and he visibly relaxed a little. He went back to making my tea.

"Hi, Abigail." The other guy grinned widely at me, putting his hand forward for me to shake. How does he know me? "I'm Ryan. Noah's best friend."

"Hi, Ryan." I placed my hand in his and he shook it.

Ryan was a good looking guy with blonde hair and green eyes. He was muscular too but not as muscular and good looking as Noah.

"Your tea," Noah said, handing me the cup. I mumbled a quiet thanks and began to drink.

"Thanks for letting me stay last night. I should go home now, my friend is going ballistic back there." I told Noah and smiled gratefully at him for his hospitality.

"I'll take you home." He offered taking out his keys.

"No, no. It's fine. I'll take taxi." I politely refused. He had already done so much for me. I can't take more advantage now.

"I am taking you home, Abigail." Noah firmly said with a no more discussion tone and walked towards the front door.

"If I were you, I would listen quietly what he just said." Ryan mumbled. i finished my drink and went back to the room and took my bag.

I went outside and saw Noah already seated in his car, typing on his phone. I said good bye to Ryan and got in the car. I gave Noah the directions to my house and he started driving.

I noticed Noah was awfully quiet today as compared to how he was yesterday.

"Are you okay?" I asked him nervously. He then snapped his head at me and smiled. Oh God, his smile.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just caught up in my thoughts." He replied. A few minutes later, we reached my apartment. "Thank you for everything, Noah." I smiled gratefully at him.

"You're welcome." He responded, looking intensely at me. "Thanks for last night. Your words helped me."

"Don't worry about it." I replied softly. "If you need someone to talk to, remember I'm always here." I don't know why I said this but it seems like Noah needs someone with whom he can share his troubles. And I am the kind of person who is good at listening to people talking about their problems and I have been told that my advice helps.

"I'm glad that you're my friend, Abigail. It's been a while since I've had a good friend." He said in a sad tone. Not knowing what to say, I simply hugged him. It was a way for me of saying that I'll always be here. I felt him hug me back and his hold even tightened on me. Oh my God, he smelt really good. That cinnamon cologne filled my nostrils making me want to sniff him all day. My eyes widened when I realized that I was ruining his clean clothes and I rapidly took my body off him making him look confusedly at me.

"What's wrong?" He asked puzzled.

"I've not taken a bath yet and you're wearing clean clothes." I replied sheepishly looking everywhere but him.

He started chuckling, shaking his head at me. "Oh my innocent Abigail." He mumbled under his breath.

"Stop laughing at me." I playfully slapped his chest making him chuckle even more. "Thanks for the ride." I thanked him and got off his car. I saw him get off his car as well and jogged to my side. "What are you doing?" I asked him, surprised.

"Making sure you're safe." He replied as if this was completely normal. I rolled my eyes at him and pressed the bell.

"Okay, Dad." I replied, pressing the bell one more time.

Thankfully, the door opened with a hysterical James looking at me along with his hands on his waist. He I'm sure he was about to yell at me for being so careless but his mouth were wide open just like a fish when he saw Noah.

"No-Noah?" He said absolutely stunned. I looked strangely at him then back at Noah. Noah simply shrugged his shoulders at me. "Noah Grayson?"

"You know him James?" I asked, totally puzzled by James shocked expression. "Is he that ex of yours that you were talking about?" I frowned. If Noah broke my best friend's heart, I would kick him where the sun doesn't shine. But part of me wishes that Noah isn't related to James.

"WHAT?!" This time both Noah and James shouted in unison making me wince and James looked like he was about to faint.

*

Chapter 3 and 4 updated 

Please please bear with me. I assure you the story will get better. 

Do you enjoy this story so far? Share your views.

Love you all

Ina