Chapter one

"Hey, man! Just chill!" My best friend Ryan bumped my shoulder with the glass of beer he was having. He was totally drunk, having the time of his life while me, on the other hand, was totally grumpy. Being in the club right now is the last place I wanted to be. All I wanted was to be alone and drown myself in my misery. The music was not even helping. I never thought clubs could be so annoying, until now. All I could see was drunk people dancing like maniacs or couples grinding against each other.

Couples.

I hate them.

Just stop thinking about her Noah. She's the past now.

Yes, my subconscious is right. I can't think about her now. I need a distraction.

I walked to the bar in the VIP lounge and ordered a margarita. I was taking small sips when I saw from the corner of my eyes, a gorgeous girl sit by my side.

"Hey, you're Noah, right? Noah Grayson, the film star?" She asked flirtatiously. She wore a red blood dress and damn, she looked like a perfect seductress. She was watching with lust clearly in her eyes.

"Yeah," I replied, taking another sip of the margarita. "And you are?"

"I'm Rachel." She bit her lip covered with red lipstick. Well, I could vision myself going home with her tonight and drown myself in her. She is the perfect distraction. "So, what are you doing here? I mean, aren't you supposed to be shooting for your new movie?" Damn, this woman knew so much about me.

I was about to answer when my eyes flicked downstairs. I saw this little brunette girl sitting on the couch looking as bored as hell. She had a couple of people around her, whom I presume are her friends. Her hair was tied up in a neat ponytail and she seemed like she wanted to be anywhere but here. At least, I'm not the only one who is not keen to be here. I couldn't see her face clearly because of the neon light but noticed that she slowly got up from her seat and started to get away from where she was sitting.

A guy, who seemed more or less the same age as her wrapped his hand around her elbow and stopped her. She seemed to give him an explanation and started to make her way towards the entrance. I nearly laughed at her irritation when she had to move grinding couples away from her so that she could pass. I wanted to see her. I don't know why, but I had to see her.

I immediately got up from my seat to see this little stranger. "I'll be right back." I excused myself before hearing Rachel's protests and left the VIP lounge. I quickly descended the stairs. I noticed she was a feet away from me and soon she opened the door and left. Damn! I rapidly passed through the sweaty people and finally reached the front door. I looked around and was really disappointed when I didn't see her. Where could she have gone in such a short time? I took a few steps forwards but stopped when I heard some grunting sounds.

I walked towards the noise and saw red at the scene before me.