Sinking Into Insanity... Chapter 9: Barriers and Silent Prayers

Почніть із самого початку

There was a soft knock on my door. "Song, honey, is everything alright?" Tristain's sweet voice asked filled with deep concern.

"Go away, go back to making out with that dude," I sobbed. Why do I feel like I was in a stupid chick flick, and I was the stupid heartbroken heroine? The character I always loathed and made fun of.

"Song, you know I won't just let you sit in your misery without telling me, it's not healthy to keep up all these things pent up," he whispered softly, his French accent thick.

"I'll explain later, I'm not in the mood, but I promise I'll tell you later," I croaked.

"Okay, if you feel more comfortable like that," Tristain replied, his footsteps now descending the stairs to return back to his guest.

I laid there on my bed crying my eyes out as, soaking up my poor pillow. I wept until I fell asleep.

He stood there leaning over the railing of the cruise ship, his beautiful eyes staring solemnly out at the serene night sky.

He looked like the holy angel he was. His hair blowing in the salty breeze, his long lashes framing those eyes of his, the eyes I would live forever for, his soft lips slightly parted in awe. The moon had lit up every flawless feature of him it was such a sin to have a man as gorgeous as him walking along the earth instead of being high in the skies, but truthfully I was happy to have him all to myself.

I walk over and embrace him from behind, breathing in his masculine yet soothing scent.

"I love you," I whispered into his neck.

He turned,"I love you too," he whispered back craning his neck to look down at me.

I bathed in the heat of his broad chest, he was the only one for me. Nobody could replace or take that place of his in my heart.

"I will stay with you forever, even after the world as we know it ends, I promise," he whispers, kissing my forehead.

I could feel a fat teardrop roll down my face, it was happiness. Happiness that I wished that could last forever.

It was supposed to be my happy ending.

Seth's POV

I sighed. She was such a stubborn woman, yet I still love her for some odd reason. Maybe she was right, I should get my head checked.

I chuckled to myself and crouched down to pick up her thrown heel. As cheesy as this was, she was my Cinderella.

I replay the memory of seeing her for the first time.

 Flashback

 I was at the studio to photograph a pretty model when I first saw her, a goddess. I was immediately captivated, no camera can capture the essence of her beauty.

After I was done with the shoot I hadn't seen her ever since. And I knew it was love at first sight.

I was at home about to get groceries when I decided to be considerate and see if I could get anything for my new housemate. She was some really quiet Asian girl, a really plain one too. She never really tried to interact with any of us. And truthfully it got me a little annoyed. We were going to stick together for a while, right? So why not just make the best of it and just have fun and hang loose?

I walked into her room without even thinking of knocking. She was laid out on her bed looking at some photo. And for the first time, her glasses were off.

I gasped, it was her! She was that rare Asian beauty! How could I have not notice, when she was this close?

"Y-you what are you doing here?" she hides the photo and hastily shoves on her glasses.

"Why have you been hiding your face the whole time?" I asked walking closer.

"It's none of your business! And anyways why are you in here?" she quickly changed the subject.

"I wanted to know if I can get anything for you when I'm out at the grocery store," I replied. I still wanted to know why she was hiding her face.

"No, I'm good, don't mind me, now get out!" she shooed me away getting up to push me.

I saw a tiny glimpse of that picture she had pitifully hid, it was a picture of her smiling beautifully with someone else, their arm was around her shoulder in a protective way, her boyfriend? Nah, it's probably just a friend, I brushed it off.

As she was pushing me out the door I turned my head to talk to her, "By the way, it's no use hiding your face with those glasses anymore!" I said over my shoulder.

She let out a frustrated growl. "Oh be quiet!"

I chuckled at her and went off to get the groceries. From then on she had her glasses off around us.

Flashback End

I picked up her pair of heels. I was going to ditch this place and check up on her.

"Bro, you're going already?" a friend shouted.

I gave him a tight lipped and rather forced smile, "Uh yeah, I have some urgent matters to attend to."

I hurriedly searched for my car, where is my baby?

I sprinted for her when I finally spotted her wedged between some other cars. I quickly hopped in and drove way past the speed limit. Right now I really didn't give a shit if I got pulled back for speeding, I really needed to check on Song Ri. I swear she was crying! But truthfully I don't know what to do if she was breaking down because of me, and really, I bet it was...

"Fuck!" I cussed, I was so hopeless.

Song Ri's POV

A scream pierced through the night as the bullet shot through the silence.

His body crumpled into my arms. Tears started to blur my vision. I quickly pulled out my phone to call the cops, but some bystander had already done so.

"Stay with me, stay with me Hyun Soo! Don't leave me! I love you too much to let you go!" I sobbed, my legs collapsing from under me. This couldn't happen.

I immediately ripped a piece of fabric and applied pressure on the wound. I watched as the fabric turned crimson in minutes. I held onto his hand praying for somebody to spare his life, anybody, as long as he lives.

I gripped onto his hand tightly. I wasn't going to let his life slip between my fingers.

His growing cold hand cupped my face, his eyes looking into mines, holding our gaze. I could feel the sparks as always.

"Song Ri, just know that I will always be with you..." His hand falls limp.

A scream echoed throughout the entire mansion. I shot right up from bed, my hair matted to my head from sweating bullets. My eyes flitted shut as I tried to get my ragged breathing even. It was just a nightmare, but I knew better than that. I was being haunted by my own memory.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So who are you guys rooting for? Like whose your favorite couple? Please comment!