17. Body Language

Aya

TGIF! I love Fridays, but this one more so than others cause Raphael is taking me out on a date tonight! Can I get an amen?!

To say I am excited is the understatement of the century. He won't tell me where we're going but the note said to dress nice and bring my dancing shoes. Clubbing maybe?

I am a little bummed over Nathi's cold reaction to my good news but I guess that's the natural "big brother" reaction. He doesn't think anyone is good enough for me when it's actually the other way around. Oh well I'm not going to let it dampen my mood cause I got me a hot date tonight! I can't contain my excitement and endless up jumping up and down stifling a squeal with my hands.

I am in front of my wardrobe in my black underwear trying to figure out what to wear. My face is done with perfectly filled brows, gold and bronze eyeshadow with a dramatic cat eye and burgundy lipstick. I took out my braids last night so my 'fro is out in full fluffy force. I hear a familiar song come on the radio and turn up the volume.

(Freshly Ground - Pot Belly)

Even though I have

Fat thighs, Flabby arms

A pot belly still gives good loving

This was my jam! I can't remember the last time I heard it. It's definitely an oldie but a goodie. I sing along to Zola's rich earthy voice while I sift through the dresses hanging in my wardrobe. Yes! I finally find the perfect one; it's a sleeveless bodycon dress with a black and gold geometric print. It's a little on the tight and revealing side but it's nothing spanx and my trusty black crop jacket can't fix. I would've loved to complete the look with heels but my ankle is being an enemy of progress, so my black lace and canvas Call It Spring high tops will have to do.

I'm glad to see you are here with me

Let's have a little fun

Let's have a little fun indeed...

******************************************************************************

Raphael

WOW! I keep having to pinch myself to remind myself that this beautiful creature before me is not a figment of my imagination. I keep stealing glances of her across the table under my dark lashes. I love looking at her when she isn't aware, not in a creepy way or anything. I just like to observe all her little mannerisms, like how she twirls her hair around her finger when she is nervous.

I still can't believe Aya let me take her out. She definitely made me work and I'm not going to screw it up now. I just have to get her to relax so I can sweep her off her feet.

The waitress comes over to take our order. "Hi guy's, my name is Amanda and I'll be your server tonight. What can I get you?" she asks cheerily looking between us.

"I'll have the ribeye with mash and side salad. What you having babe?" I look over at Aya.

"Uhm...I think I'll have the chicken quesadillas with a side salad." She orders looking up at the waitress smiling.

"Anything to drink?"

"I'll have wa-" I interrupt Aya. "We'll have two Long Island Ice teas thanks." I close our menus and hand them back.

"Why'd you do that?" She asks raising an eyebrow at me as Amanda leaves.

"I want you to relax and let your hair down tonight." I explain, taking her hand and to kiss her knuckles.

"Well alcohol makes me sleepy so you might only get half a date." Aya giggles, blushing adorably.

"Oh don't worry, I'll keep you wide awake." I wink at her as I brush my leg against hers under the table.

Aya gasps and blushes furiously. Our waitress comes back with our food saving Aya from having to respond.

*

*

*

Dinner goes by smoothly. I try my best not to embarrass Aya too much but her blush just illuminates her face so beautifully that I can't help but want to see her glowing.

Now it's time to for the real fun to begin.

"You ready to go babe?" I come around the table to her side.

"Yea. Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise." I whisper in her ear and kiss her cheek as I pull out her chair and help her up.

"Can't I even get a teeny weeny hint?" She looks up at me giving me the puppy dog eyes as we leave the restaurant.

How does she manage to become more adorable?! I am weak to her charms so I fold a little. "We're going to let loose and sync our body language." I wink at her and give her ass a cheeky little squeeze for emphasis.

Tonight our bodies do the talking...