HazelEyes_1 Presents: Again- Edited Version (Preview)

Start from the beginning

I honestly didn't want to get into that with her again. "Enough of discussing me," I said. "Why don't we ever talk about you as much as we talk about me?"

"That's because it's you who has a boyfriend, not I?"

"So why don't you?" I returned, "You know right how much of a shy marshmallow Adam is? You & I have known him since Grade 1. He'll never have the guts to confess his feelings to you. You being the feisty one should stop being like a fool in front of him and make a move."

"It's just that....."

"Why do you look so anxious?" I asked in amusement. "Dating your best friend is the most amazing thing ever! You will be free to be yourself with him. Adam will make a very good boyfriend. And besides, he and you know each other very well."

"That's exactly what scares me, El," she said, "There would be nothing new for us to know about each other. Also what if we're not on the same page regarding out feelings? Otherwise too, what if things don't work out and end up badly for us? No, I'm not willing to risk losing our beautiful friendship forever."

"Relax Stef! Since when have you been thinking so much?"

"I have to 'cause it's not only about Adam and me but also about Josh and you. Josh became our friend when he arrived at the Lane in the 8th Grade and since then, the four of us have been like rock. I don't want one wrong move to break the amazing friendship that the four of us share.....Damn! Shouldn't have gone on that fucking road trip!"

Stef, Adam, Josh and I had been on a short road trip during the vacations. It was during this one-week trip that Stef and Adam came to be attracted towards each other.

"All I can say is both of you really like each other and I'm positive that you guys will go strong together. Rest is up to both of you to decide."

"I guess so...Anyways, I think I'll change now."

She stepped out of the swimming pool and headed straight towards the dressing room. I was sitting alone by the deserted poolside waiting for her when my phone beeped again. It was Luke and I ignored him this time too.

Next, I was receiving an incoming call from him.

"I'm really sorry for yesterday, baby..." Luke spoke from the other end when I answered him. "I know you're upset...but don't ignore me like this, it hurts so bad.....Please say that you're not mad at me anymore.."

"I'm, Luke," I said. "You had been away in Scotland for one whole month. I wanted to spend some time alone with just you and me. I wanted things to be special between us but guess you didn't share my feelings."

"I too wanted to spend time with you, baby," Luke insisted, "I promise this will never happen again.."

"I don't think you mean it. Your "promises" don't last for a long time."

"I really really mean it this time, sweetheart! You're the sunshine of my life. If I don't talk to you for a day, it-it kills me....You mean everything to me. You're special and I know you will give me another chance to prove that to you."

I took a deep grave breath. "Okay."

"That-That's great! So...are we good?"

"Yeah...."

I didn't feel good after we hung up. But did it matter? No it didn't. Because what I did was the right thing to do. I rose to my feet and had just started to walk towards the dressing room....

"Eleanor Sanchez."

The mere sound of that unbelievably thick and surreal voice, so powerful and assertive, made my breaths jump onto my dry throat. I stopped short and turned sideways to see my new next-door neighbor, who had just arrived yesterday, stood with an undecipherable expression on his face. For a moment, I was intimidated to the depths of my skin finding his fiery gazes on me and his hands balled into tight fists at his sides as though trying to suppress a violent feeling. He was wearing a dark blue polo shirt with charcoal colored trousers which somehow accentuated his sharp looks and stiff demeanor.