The Car Ride Home

Welcone back if you have stayed and decided to keep reading,...thanks if you have. I love you all for ur positive comments and also forur negative ones.

They all helped me to improve my writing :) well thischapter is alittle different and I'm interested in what you all will think...

Hope u like here you go:)

*The Car Ride Home*

Anna Pov:

The car ride was as simple as any other car ride you have been in, but one thing...

Grant was a little to tense because I guess that we were sharing the same awkwaard slience....

I was about to ask him about him self some more when he interruptted me...

"So is that your natural hair color?" He asked looking at me and taking one hand off the stearring wheel to point at my hair.

I hesitated for a while before answering trying to collect my thouughts.

"Yes this is my natural hair color"...I answered while playing with a strand that has. Fallen out of place out of my loosely made bun...

"I like it its very....he paused for a moment to think of a word.....unique", he continued with ..."so do you have any brothes or sistes?" He asked quickly before I could get a chance to even open my mouth to ask him something...

"...no, I don't",......." I'm an only orphan...." I added at the end hoping that he would change the subject.

I never really liked talking about my past, and I knew I could trust Grant, but. Couldn't bring myself to want to tell him my whole life story.

At least not yet...

"Uh, earh to Anna, come in Anna, do you read me?" He saidafte I realized it had been a whole 5 minutes since I've said anything.....

I also didn't realize that he had asked me another question....

"I'm sorry can you repeat your question?" I asked with an apologetic smile on my face.

"You don't have to apologies to me" I'm not one that is likely to get mad, unless you tick me off" he added at the end....

I smiled and relief flooded into me, as I thought to myself...in my past I've always been the one to say I'm sorry, so much that it has sometimes on an occacion thatit has gotten me in trouble.

"Do you have a boyfriend?"..He repeated his question as if it didn't effect him that I haven't answered him...

"Oh, no I dont , I'm not the kind to be likly to havea boyfriend." I answered truefully.

"Do you have a girlfriend?" I asked just to keep the conversation going.

"Yes actually, I do.."he answered with a smile... turning his attention back onto the road.

"Oh, and does she know your drivin another girl home?"... I asked not wanting to get another girl pissed at me for being in her boyfriends car...

I really hate drama with a capital H....

He laughed as if I had said my comment out loud... which I knew I didn't say it out loud.

"She won't mind, she's very layed back when it comes to helping out a friend." He said with a smile that I thought would hurt someone, for a smile as wide as his was...

"Oh" is all I said.

I felt the car come to a stop, and my house loomed up. My house was a regular looking house, it had blue shuddereds , a blue door... a lawn thatwas always so perfectly taken care of, and it was a two stories, 3 bedroom, 2 baths with an indoor pool. I have come to love living in our this new house, even tho I've only been here for 3 days. I wasn't competely done packing yet and I didn't see the need to have everything put into its rightful space just yet.

"Nice house" Grant said while looking up at my humble home.

"Thanks, I already loe it and don't want to leave." I said with a smile.

"Do you live alone?" He asked looking at me with questioning eyes.

"No, I live with my best friend Alex, he's my legal gaurdian."

"No parents?" He asked his smile faing as his words came out recentful.

"No, both my parents died in a fire when I was little." I said all enjoyment leaving my voice and face,leaving only a blank expression on it.

"Oh...I'm"... he started to say but I interrupted him by putting up my hand "no need to contuine, I don't want your pitty" I said with a smile.

At this he smile " well it looks like your friend is alittle curious as to who had driven you home.." he gestured toward my best friend; staring at us in the entrence of our new home.

"Hi, Alex" I said while. Starting to get out of the car..

"Hi Anna, how are you" he replied with a smile.

Before I could answer he said "hi youg man, and who might you be?"

The question was straight forward and held so much tension, it couldn't have been cut with a jack saw.

Grant just smiled " good afternoon, sir...I was just dropping off Anna from school." He implied while gesturing towards me..."she was leaving school and I was just about to leave and I saw that she didn't have a car or a ride so I just asked if she need a ride and now here we are." He said with a serious face.

Alex just nodded in understanding, and wrapped me in an embraced as to welcome me home as he usually did.

That made me feel warm and eminently happy.

"Good bye Grant" I said with a waveof m hand and a smile on my face.

"Good bye Anna,...if you ever need a ride don't heistate to call..."he said as he handed me a note with his number written on it.. I took the peice of paper and shoved it in my back pocket..."thanks" I said whie doing so.

With tha his shinny red mustang...spead off onto the road.

I just stood there waving like an idiot to him...when Alex cleared his throat.....

Alex was standing at the door..."we need to start unpacking more boxes missy." He said as I walked passed him and into the warmly lit house..

********************************************************************

That is chaper 4.:D

How'd you like it? Did you hate it? Do I need anything ? Let me know :)

Comment ,vote, advice:

)

XOXOXO

Quencie