Chapter 8

Dipper's POV
~~~~~~~~~

I'm going to have to deal with this stupid, annoying, clueless, demonic, dream demon for the rest of my life.

I angrily eat my dinner, in silence, Mabel tries to make small talk but of course that fails.

"Hey Dip-Dop, how is your college degree going huh?" She asks smiling.

"Fine." I reply while death glaring Bill.

"You go to college?" Bill asks, as he craves some meat from the chicken.

"Yes." I reply the saltiness in my tone clear.

"What do you study?" He asks ignoring my obvious pleads for peace.

"None of your business." I say through clenched teeth.

".... Funny question but what will it take to make you like me?" Bill asks waving his fork full of meat in the air.

"Nothing. Could ever. Make me. Like you." I state slowly. Mabel coughs, trying to ease the tension.

"Sooo, Ford called me Dipper. I filled him in, and he said he can help us with our... Issue." She says, finally, come good news.

"Thank Christ." I mutter smiling slightly.

"What if, I... Gave you powers?" Bill says referring back to the previous conversation.

"Bill, just drop it. I'm never gonna like you. Why would you ever want me to like you?!" I snap.

Bill stares at the ground in defeat.

"So, if he coming over? Or do we have to go there?" I ask Mabel.

"Coming over, he should be here by tomorrow!" Mabel says excitedly. "Plus, Stan is coming to!" I smile at her excitement.

"Great. That's.. Brilliant." I let out a sigh of relief.

"Can you guys not discuss my destruction as calmly as discussing the weather?!" Bill suddenly yells slamming his hands on the table, his eyes flare red.

He points at me angrily. "I WILL MAKE YOU ENJOY MY COMPANY PINETREE!" He states.

"Not with that attitude you won't!" I shot back, standing up also.

"I'M NOT GOING TO SUCK UP TO YOU JUST TO EARN YOUR PRAISE I'M GOING TO MAKE YOU LIKE ME! FLAWS AND ALL!" He yells.

"So you admit you have flaws huh?! Took you long enough!"

"I NEVER SAID I DIDN'T HAVE FLAWS!"

"Sure acted like you didn't though!"

"WHAT WILL IT TAKE PINETREE HUH?! WHAT WILL IT TAKE?!"

"Why do you NEED me to like you Cipher?!"

"YOU'RE THE BLOODY REASON I'M BACK HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE PINETREE!"

"Would you too... Kindly... SHUT UP!" Mabel interjects. A pout on her face. "I hate Bill too Dipper! But you are just giving him attention! Just ignore him!" I nod my head at Mabel's advice.

"You're not leaving now right?" I ask her fearfully.

"I am. Be back tomorrow with Ford and Stan." She grabs her bags and leaves in a swift motion.

Bill and I quietly stare at one another.

".... What did you mean?" I ask quietly.

"About what?"

"How I'm the reason you came back."

"Axolotl would have just killed me if I didn't say I cared for at least one person. You were the first that came to mind. If I had said any other person, I'd be gone forever."

"Well I wish you did."

We didn't speak the rest of the night.