Warrior cats

(A backstory that I was planning to give to an OC of mine)

Shadowkit peered over the tops of the cliff. His pelt prickled.
"Is it safe? It looks too high up" He mewed anxiously to his older brother, Juniperkit. The grey kit turned round with glittering eyes. "It's fine, perfectly safe! Don't be such a mouse, Shadowkit!" Juniperkit purred teasingly at his younger sibling.
"I'm not a mouse" Shadowkit's eyes narrowed in annoyance at the name. "I'm just thinking about safety" He glared at his brother. "I don't want us to get hurt"
Juniperpaw put out his tongue. "Your afraid"
Ears flattening, Shadowkit denied the accusation with a hiss "I'm not afraid and you know it!" Still, he could not help as his belly churned as he thought about the high cliff face below them. He relented "Well... a little. I'm a little afraid"
Juniper kit's eyes lit up "I knew it! Come on Shadowkit! Let's climb the rock. It'll be fun! We can pretend that we are birds!" All these temptations pushed Shadowkit to obey his brother and they scrambled onto the rock, gazing down at the raging waves below them.
Shadowkit glanced at his brother. He was trembling. "I-it's too high up. I don't like it... I don't like it at all" The black kit crouched down, eyes wide as he stared over the edge and into the waves below. "It's too high up!" His voice rose to a wail, fur prickling in terror and panic.
"Then climb off. It's easy... It's simple. If you don't like it then climb off" Juniperkit looked towards his brother with a slightly challenging air as if to say, you can't climb off alone, I know you can't.
Shakily, the black kit stumbled to his feet. He tottered forwards a few steps, lost his balance out of sheer fright. With a screech, he lost his footing and fell off the other side. Yowling in intense terror, Shadowkit managed to keep a hold by digging his claws into the rock.
Eyes wide with shock and horror, Juniperkit leapt up. In his haste and panic, the grey kit skidded, crashed into Shadowkit and the two unfortunate kits plunged downwards towards the rocks and sea below.
Shadowkit felt his belly churn as they fell, his jaws split into a silent shriek as they landed on the rocks. The impact stunned them and the two kits lay on the pebbles, hardly able to move, lucky to be alive.
Juniperkit stirred first, being the stockier and tougher of the two. He rolled over and turned to his brother.
"Y-you alright?" He questioned shakily, his eyes blinking rapidly.
"I'm fine" Shadowkit replied in a tremulous voice. "Just fine" The black kit managed to rise to his footpaws shakily.
"How do we get back up?" Juniperkit had never been so scared as he looked up at his younger brother, his fur raising in panic. Glancing up, his eyes flickered towards the cliff top then back at his brother. His dull expression seemed to portray the hopelessness of it all.
Shadowkit swallowed and looked up, taking in the scale and height of the cliff. The cliff wasn't vertical and it was rocky, suggesting a lot of paw holds for the experienced kit
climbers.
He braced himself as he spoke "I think we could climb this cliff. Get to the top. Get back to camp"
Juniperkit snorted with derision, panic and scorn alighting his eyes. "That's mousebrained! How are we going to climb that! That cliff! It's too foxdung high!"
Shadowkit felt his whiskers twitch, despite the seriousness of their predicament. "Hark at who's talking! If we fell from that cliff... then we can jolly well climb it!" He appealed to his brother, a glint of determination in his green eyes. "Come on. We're brave kits, we can do anything and we can do this"
Bounding towards the cliffs, Shadowkit looked back and was pleased to see that his brother was following him. The two siblings reached the cliff and Shadowkit looked up, apprehension gnawing at his pelt.
"Well. Either we give up or we give it a go" He whispered to his brother, both kits knowing that the latter was terrified. Juniperkit nodded resolutely and swallowed. The bold kit begun to climb the cliff, seeking pawholds whilst Shadowkit followed behind, trying not to look down.
Digging their claws in with furious terror, the brothers scaled the rocks slowly, carefully making their moves. There was a bit that jutted out and Shadowkit gasped to see that below them were not solid rocks but raging waves. Using all their strength, the kits ploughed upwards, trying not to let the sound of the sea below fill their ears.
"Look! We're nearly at the top!" Juniperkit let out a cry of exclamation and jubilation. "We've made it!"
Suddenly, Shadowkit felt his claws slipping. Digging them in deeper only loosened the rocks. The black kit let out a startled yowl as his paws lost their grip. He was falling.
There was a sharp pain in his scruff. Trembling all over, he looked up to see his brother gripping his neck fur with his teeth. Juniperkit's eyes were flames of fear and determination as he used all his remaining energy to throw Shadowkit upwards to safety. The black kit landed on the grass, dazed temporarily.
Coming to his senses, Shadowkit wailed in fear and rushed over to the edge of the cliff. As he looked down, a terrible sight met his desperate eyes.
Juniperkit was a mere speck of grey, growing smaller and smaller, tinier and tinier... until... he vanished into the sea. The last thing Shadowkit ever saw of his brother was the final splash as his body hit the merciless waves.
"Juniperkit!" Shadowkit could not believe it. He would not accept it. His eyes held a terrible look in them. "Juniperkit!"
The empty feeling struck the black kit like winter frost striking the last leaf. His mind froze, his body froze. He was trembling yet unable to move. I've lost him... Lost him... Forever....
Shadowkit bowed his head, his jaws splitting into a silent yowl of agony.