Another fight scene

(Fight scenes are exhilarating to write. Don't judge me)

Nightshade fell to the floor as Shakir leapt upon him; both squirrels writhed on the ground, Shakir striving to clench his paws around the black squirrel's neck whilst Nightshade desperately tried to remove the firm grip that was steadily suffocating him.
Gasping, Nightshade begun to see spots before his eyes; his vision was blurring, becoming a haze of swimming colour. He grasped Shakir's arms, determinedly forcing the other's grip to loosen whilst he managed to draw air momentarily before the paws tightened once more, constricting his windpipe with renewed vengeance.
"This is the end for you, Nightshade. No more of your irritating interruptions to agitate me. I shall watch your body fall from the tower; laugh as the finches peck out your eyeballs" Shakir's voice was high with enthusiasm as he effectively throttled the black squirrel, dragging him closer towards the window.
Nightshade's vision was steadily failing but he managed to choke out "...fool is you, Shakir. You will find it impossible to laugh... Finches are not carnivorous...and so you will not be able to see the sight that you find so amusing..." the speech was halted abruptly as Shakir tugged upon Nightshade's purple cloak, drowning out his voice.
Both squirrels were now dangerously close to the window and Nightshade, feeling the breeze blow his fur, struggled with renewed desperation and determinism, striving to pull away from Shakir's grasp or at least force himself further away from the window. Despite Nightshade's normal calm and controlled behaviour, the perceptive squirrel couldn't deny his abject fear of heights. Behind his witty remarks of one so near to death, the sinister, panicked thoughts of falling were hard to suppress.
Shakir chuckled, hardly out of breath which was surprising for one who was close to murdering another through sheer brawn and force. His lack of perception; all senses drowned by the excitement of killing Nightshade caused Shakir to miss the sight of his opponent's green eyes flicker towards the abandoned blade upon the stone floor. With a grim smile, Shakir forced the black squirrel to the ground and Nightshade became dazed for a moment as his head hit the floor hard. Throttled back into wakefulness, Nightshade was greeted by the sight of Shakir's manic eyes staring into his own.
"Hello again" Nightshade muttered, disorientated as once more he was cut off air when Shakir tightened the squirrel's cloak around his neck. Gasping for breath, the black squirrel slit his claw across the fabric and the cloak parted from his neck; Shakir fell back, losing balance whilst Nightshade leapt and grasped the sword mentioned earlier, clutching it convulsively as he turned his back upon Shakir, feigning an injury.
Shakir, having missed Nightshade's recent actions, rushed at the black squirrel, growling furiously with his claws outstretched and eager for blood. Nightshade remained crouched, shivering every now and then with his free paw clutching his shoulder. A slight smile crept upon his face as he heard the other rushing upon him. The black squirrel was skilled in pretence and injuries were simple to feign.
When Shakir was hardly a tail length away, Nightshade suddenly leapt up and, eyes merciless, turned his blade upon the other squirrel and it was with grim horror that Shakir plunged upon the merciless steel.
His eyes glazing over yet shining with horrified terror, Shakir blundered, flailing his fists in agony as crimson blood seeped from the gaping wound in his chest.
Nightshade's world turned dark momentarily as Shakir's frenzied blow made contact with his head and the black squirrel's mind erupted in a cloud of stars as the first wave of pain struck him. Shakir fell to the ground, lifeless, but Nightshade couldn't notice; his vision was a haze of bright coloured lights and he couldn't make out anything in the room. The black squirrel reeled backwards in pain and, oblivious to his surroundings, toppled from the window.
It was at that precise moment that Whikk chose to enter and upon seeing his closest friend fall, dropped all he was carrying and rushed towards the window with abject fear shining within his eyes. Heart pounding in trepidation, the hedgehog knelt and stared downwards. Nightshade's eyes met his; the squirrel was clutching a rope.
"A fine time to show up. You've missed the fun, Whikk; should've arrived earlier and assisted in fighting, well, more grappling with Shakir. It was quite exhilarating really but never mind, such things happen. Oh, and by the way. He's dead; his hasty stupidity saw to that...well, actually I saw to that but he let himself get slain really" Nightshade's apparent jumble of words didn't fool Whikk; the hedgehog knew that his friend was terrified and his sudden tirade had merely been the abject fear talking.
Relieved, the hedgehog saw that his squirrel friend had got himself tangled up in rope which appeared to be hanging from the window above; the top part of the rope was strung with washing.
"Excuse me. Instead of admiring the rope, could you please focus your attention upon my predicament. As much as I dislike having to ask for help... I think I need it right now" Nightshade's voice rose into a plea, eyes wide as he stared at Whikk "Look at me Whikk. Look at me! I'm terrified! Yes, I know it's stupid; I'm a squirrel. Squirrels are meant to be fond of heights! Fond! No, they basically dote on height. Oh, the higher the better for them! For heart's sake, Whikk! I'm terrified..." his voice became a broken whisper "terrified."
Whikk could see the fear dilating in Nightshade's green eyes; could see the squirrel's chest rising and falling in frenzied gasps. Terrified himself yet taking deep breaths, the hedgehog talked to Nightshade "Don't panic. Panic is bad, dangerous. Take deep breaths, close your eyes-"
"Close my eyes?" Nightshade scorned, looking disbelieving. "Closing my eyes doesn't help at all, Whikk. In fact, it makes me feel as if I'm falling, falling into a void. Seeing that a rope is the only thing preventing me from falling in real life, I really do not want to even think about closing my eyes right now!-" the squirrel broke off, clutching the rope as he lapsed into silence.
Whikk leaned from the tower, striving to grasp the rope so that he could pull his friend back through the window.
Down on the ground, Ivy was observing the scene, her keen eyes watching the black squirrel sway on the rope. She knew that her master, Shakir was dead, and she was determined to see that Nightshade would not live for committing the deed. Things could not have been more perfect for her. Nightshade was vulnerable, hanging on mere rope yards away from solid ground. Not that the ground would do any good to him if he did fall. Ivy grinned, eyes sly as she extracted her sling and a rough edged stone. With skilful manoeuvres, the mole placed the stone in her sling and drew her arm back, working up tremendous speed as she homed in upon her target: the oblivious Nightshade.
She let the stone fly, watching its progress until it was lost from view.