Star The Black Fox

(The backstory of my Sonic OC, Star the black fox)

A blinding flash, filling my vision with white. Everything was drenched in white; a loathsome colour. Just white... overwhelming... overpowering white. Nothing but white. As the white light faded, I only glimpsed his face. A round face with a brown, ridiculous moustache then it was gone once more.
Then an agonising pain next, coursing through and striking my frame as if the white was channeling it's way into me, becoming a part of me.
The agony was excruciating; black was swiftly ebbing into my vision... drenching my sight with darkness as everything before me vanished into oblivion. I knew nothing more. All is forgotten, lost and gone during that period of time.
For how long I remained unconscious, I don't have the answer... I don't know. I also don't know what happened during that time; how much time even passed. It may have been all eternity or just mere seconds.
I remember awaking in a hazy chaos of blurry colours and outlines. I felt cold, emotionless... almost unnatural. I was on the ground; my fur making contact with the harsh cold floor... The first solid material I ever felt. I remember standing up and a... wave of energy struck through me, filling me with power and strength.
Every motion, every step I took was natural; I didn't think about it. I didn't have to. My eyes were focusing now, observing my bleak and desolate surroundings. It wasn't bright but it wasn't dark either. I would say that it was an unfavourable mix between the two. My eyes were now properly in focus and I observed my predicament: I was in some form of room which seemed to be formed of silver metal, like an encasement of pure steel or similar.
I walked forward, only to find bars in front of me. Solid bars. I was trapped... in a cage. I realised that without much difficulty but... how to escape? Anger rose within me; I was furious... furious at being trapped, furious that freedom had been denied to me. These bars stood there like a form of cruel humiliation, torturing me with their ability to keep me prisoner. Hah, not for long.
I felt my wrath course through my body and with that... came power. Overwhelming, excessive power that had to be freed. I could sense electricity crackling around me; small streaks of lightning forming from my ability to manipulate it. I couldn't contain my power; too overwhelming as it was to suppress. Lightning strikes erupted around me, streaking all places as the force of my ability shut off the lights. Sudden sparks burst forth from the lights then darkness as they were destroyed by my lightning.
I remember smiling slightly, satisfied and strangely alive as I watched the sheer enormity and understood my power. To control lightning, I thought, is enough to make me invincible; I could feel what an utter advantage my ability would serve for me.
With the lights off, I was invisible. A black shadow amidst darkness itself. I... was part of that darkness... Part of that elusive, mysterious and invincible darkness that encased me within its embrace.
In total darkness, I would escape. My eyes, able to penetrate the everlasting night unlike some, were fixated upon the bars. Having previously witnessed an extent of my power, I could tell that bars would be of little hindrance. A silent chuckle of scorn was emitted by me; whoever put me in this cage must be a fool. If they understood my power, why would they have placed me in such a flimsy and pathetic situation. Didn't they know that escaping would be of lithe ease for me. Obviously not.
Raising my hands, I summoned my ability to produce lightning and shut my eyes, merely glimpsing the white light that had encased my upraised hands. Once again the power flowed through me, coursing through the air around me as it crackled and seethed with hot fury. Upon opening my eyes, I aimed my power towards the cage bars and it emerged from my fingers, blazing with white forks of fizzing electricity before it collided with the metal bars. I couldn't see the result at first for a white light had formed and the bars were encased within my power. As the light faded, a pleased smile formed upon my face. The bars were melting, melting like wax as the metal dripped down and onto the floor. The heat and force of my power had destroyed most of my prison whilst the rest was merely left to melt with such pathetic finality.
Remember that it was still dark; the lights had remained off. It was my advantage and I intended to take it without any hesitation. Harnessing my power once more, I produced a tiny bolt of lightning that was able to sit in my palm and lighten the path before me. Don't get me wrong, my eyes are superior when it comes to night vision but a handmade light never did any harm so don't question why I produced it.
With this lightning strike lighting my way, I stepped out of the loathsome cage and witnessed the overpowering feeling of freedom. No cumbersome bars to hinder me, no pathetic cage to deny me my righteous freedom.
Elated, I begun my journey of escape from this unknown place. Silent as a shadow and invisible in the welcome darkness, I walked along hallways and down corridors, my eyes glancing around for any sign that could mean a way of getting out. I had no idea why my longing for escape was so potent, I didn't know why I was even here but I had reasoned with myself. Whoever had put me into a cage obviously wished me harm or wanted to deny me my rights; that was why I had no wish to stay in this forsaken and pathetic place.
I stalked down the corridors, silver metal encasing me like a shell. The way out had to be near. I could sense a change in the atmosphere; a cleaner air tinged with something that I was longing for. Freedom.
My eyes caught sight of something peculiar ahead of me. A sort of line in a large curve that started at the floor, went up towards the ceiling then curved over and went back down to the floor once more. Moreover, there was a stripe of colour in front of the peculiar thing; yellow and black drawn on the floor.
I also saw a red thing next to the line. It was somehow fascinating; I could feel myself drawn to it... as if it would give me what I was searching for. I passed my hand over it, caressing the smoothness of it and the fact that it was risen slightly from the wall intrigued me.
I increased pressure upon this red thing and suddenly it lowered, like ground giving away. It was a peculiar sensation, my hand pressed upon the red thing that had lowered itself.
As if the thing lowering had triggered a reaction, the strange lines suddenly did something and a metal slide drew back, revealing a blue sky and white clouds. I instantly knew that I was in the air; but how was I? Was I flying on something? So many unanswered questions.
But that wasn't my largest concern just then. The force from the air passing across the opening in whatever I was in was knocking me off my feet. Instantly I begun sliding towards the opening, me feet over the edge already. Desperately, I grasped whatever was in reach and connected to solid floor. My hand closed over something and for a moment I was safe, gripping onto the thing that kept me from being swept over the edge. However, after a minute the hold gave way. My eyes closed in acknowledgement as the wind blew across my face and I was forced over the edge, my feet lifting off the ground. And then I was falling. Falling. Clouds passing by, the wind roaring in my ears.
The land was looming closer and closer. How pathetic my short life was; how pathetic the ending would inevitably be when I hit the ground.
No! It will not end this way...
My two tails, that I had no knowledge of, begun to twist. Soon they had formed a power that was strong enough to keep me in the air. I wasn't falling anymore. The steady rhythm of the tails propelling comforted me; I was safe. Actually... I was flying. 
The ground was still coming towards me but a lot more slowly now. I found that I could manoeuvre myself; a result that was greatly needed.
A couple of miles up from the ground, a sudden gust of wind blew. I admit, it took me by surprise and I couldn't keep my balance anymore. I begun falling once again, swiftly gaining speed as the ground loomed ever closer, ever larger. The gale buffeted me around, I couldn't control my flight and the forces of nature took over; whistling through my ears and blowing back my obsidian fur.
My eyes closed as I hit the ground; everything faded instantly into black. And I knew no more.
I awoke to a hazy blue sky and blurry white clouds. My head was aching and everything was unfocused; bleary and hazy colours that swum in a sea of chaos. A pounding pain struck through my head and my eyes shut tight once more as I gritted my teeth, striving to withstand this agony. A groan escaped me.
"He's alive. He's alive!" The words pierced my ears, sending fresh bouts of pain through my head. I opened my eyes once more to glimpse a mess of green outlined against the swimming blue sky. I blinked twice, the green blur becoming distinguishable as a hedgehog or something along those lines.