Chapter 4

Avery's POV 

I waited till everyone was asleep before I went to meet Jack. I had so much on my mind about so many things like Jack, Spot finding out, and the strike. As my mind was racing with these thoughts I ended up at the bridge without even noticing at first. Jack was already there and he started walking towards me when he saw me.

"Hey Avery, didn't think yous would come." Jack said

"Wells I had nothin' better to do. What did ya want to meet about?" 

Jack started to rub the back of his neck and looked down. 

"Umm I wanted to ask yous somethin. Would you like to go out like maybe on a date or somethin? I know we haven't known each otha for very long but I feels like Is known you forever-" Jack said rambling on.

"Yes" I said interrupting him.

He looked up from the ground and had the biggest smile on his face before it went away.

"What about Spot?" he asked.

"Hes doesn't have to know right now." I said even though i'm worried about Spot finding out.

Jack and I spent a couple hours together walking and talking and I didn't want it to end but all great things come to an end. We ended up sitting in a park on a bench.

"You'se so beautiful." Jack said staring at me.

I blushed and looked up at the sky watching the stars.  I felt Jack take my hand and I looked over at him and he had a smile on his face that made me smile. How did I get this lucky to be sitting here with such a great guy.

"When Spot finds out what do you think he will say?" Jack asked while playing with my hands.

"I hope he would be okay with it but yous know how protective he is of me." I said still looking up at the sky.

"Well whateva he says I will still want ya to be my goil." He said which made me blush again. This boy sure knows how to make me blush and smile.

After talking about so many things including the strike we decided to start heading to the Brooklyn Bridge.

"I had fun tonight and I hope you did too" Jack said with his arm around my waist. 

"I did too. I'm so glad we could spend time together." 

"Well I better get goin before Spot sees us or anotha newsie" Jack said and then peaked my cheek.

We said our goodbyes and headed to our lodging houses. Once I got there I was relieved that everyone was still asleep. I hopped in bed and fell asleep thinking about Jack and the amazing night we had.

A/N- Sorry if this chapter was really bad and so short. I just wanted to update since I haven't in awhile. I hope y'all continue to read and thank you for reading!!