8: Dreams and Justice

Start from the beginning

“I need to talk to you.” Said Sir. I saw Josh stop and pretending to tie his shoe. I shoved his hand away.

“Yes…Sir.” I said with a fake smile. I wanted to know what he was hiding but with his dark shades his soul was impossible to read.

“I suggest you change your attitude for the rest of the year.”

“Or else?” I asked while raising my eyebrow. He gave a menacing smile that shocked me. I felt terrified just by that.

“Have a good day.” Sir said still with his creepy smile. Josh got up and walked away. I left to my last class a little freaked out and determined to know what he was hiding. Geometry was easier than I expected and I was the first one to finish. Foolish humans thinking this educational system really worked.

“Hey.” I heard someone say interrupting my train of thought. I turned around to see where this sign of fairness was coming from.

“Hey.” I responded gently not wanting to scare off the first human who tried to talk to me.

“Can I sit here?” She asked. I nodded.

“My name is Aide.” She said with a smile and extending her hand towards me. It took me a while to respond as I was shocked at the kind of treatment I was getting. It wasn’t fear nor disgust it was something I had not seen in what seemed a long time, it had been so long that I had forgotten what is was called.

“My name is Sofia.” I responded with a smile. Before the bell rang I had enough time to make small talk with her. She was sweet and intelligent. She seemed so nice that I thought people where playing a prank on me. She liked most of the music I heard. She at least tried to see the world through my eyes. She told me how much progress the world has done all theses weeks. She did not have a uniform which meant she was a level 1 or 2. The bell rang and the kids jumped up to the door. Aide waved goodbye following the crowed while people surrounded her with questions about me. Maybe, I thought humans weren’t so bad, maybe they had hope.

I walked all the way to my room. I opened the rusty door and threw my backpack in the corner. I jumped on the bed tired from all the emotional stress just one day had done. I was just glad we didn’t get homework yet. I stared at the ceiling looking at the lavender color it had. I started to day dream. I hated the discrimination and injustice way humans treated us. Don’t they remember we were neighbors before, don’t they remember we grew up together. All that I had lived for was gone and all I had left were tears, and I knew they would never leave me alone in the darkest hour of my life but instead comfort me to sleep.

Justice, Freedom, Peace. That’s what read on the cardboard posters people where carrying. There rage and fury where felt miles away. They screamed and yelled the injustices the world had done to them. On the opposite side was the police, S.W.A.T team, F.B.I, and the military. There weapons pointed at teenagers and children. Then one by one I saw people go down. Children cried next to their mother who were laying on the ground with blood on their head.

“Noooooo.” I screamed while waking up. After a few seconds I sat up and felt the tears running down my cheek. It was just a nightmare, I told myself. I was so startled that I hadn’t realized a strong temperature change in the corner of the room. I quickly stood up ready to fight.

“Who’s there?” I asked wiping away the blinding tears. I was so cold for the first time, I noticed I was sweating.

“Relax its me.” I heard a male voice say. He stepped out of the shadows. After I saw who it was I felt relieved. I fell on my knees putting my head on the bed.

“What the hell do you want Josh.” I looked up at him.

“Are you okay?” He asked looking out the window.