8: Dreams and Justice

Chapter 8

I put on my earphones and then covered them with my hair so the security guards wouldn’t notice. I slowly walked over to the combat room. I looked around and found my awesome friends in a circle. I walked over and took off the earphones.

“Hey guys.” I said smiling. They didn’t know but they were the only reason I was happy in this miserable place. When I wanted to give up they always appeared.

“Hey.” They all replied. I had barely stepped into the circle when a strange power swooped into the room like an unexpected storm. But of course no one else could feel it, just me and Josh. I looked over and saw a big man entering the gym. He had a shaved head and dark sunglasses. He had a dark skin and he reminded me of that guy from the Matrix. I could tell he had power but it was something else that I was feeling,something strong and dangerous. I just couldn’t figure it out. He seemed to be about 38 years old. I hadn’t noticed that he was looking at me back. Something about him I didn’t like. I stepped out of the circle getting into some defensive movement. I held my head high giving him the gesture to watch what he was about to do. I noticed Josh was here too. He was leaning against the wall as usual, but also observing us. The strange man placed his hands behind his back.

“Everyone sit!” He had commanded. As everyone’s senses went toward the man they knew he wasn’t kidding. With his deep and cold tone he could make anyone cry with just one word. Everyone scattered towards the bleachers. Josh slowly walked as well. But I just stood there, not scared just standing their still in a defensive movement. He gave me a look and I turned around to the bleachers. There was practically no more room but their was a tiny space. I walked towards it and like the whole row left. I guess being feared had some privileges. The man walked from left to right.

“I came here to train you and that’s all you need to know. You can call me Sir. I will be training you in a martial arts and weapon use. At the end of this course you will be tested and if you don’t pass you will have to take it again until you do. Questions?”

“Yes.” He said while pointing at some kid in the back.

“So when are we using our powers?”

“You wont. Before you can use your powers you need to learn how to fight without them.” He had said and a bunch of whining came out.

“Silence!” He ordered. And they did.

“Grab your training gear and change you have 6 min.” Everyone rushed to get ready no one would dare to defy him. We sat down on the bleachers and saw him demonstrate some movements. The mats were on the floor and it was time to get to work. I went over to a mat and called Gabby over. She was walking over when Sir stopped her.

“Everyone you need to work with someone with the same level as you.” I couldn’t believe it, I could swear he was doing it on purpose. So I walked over with Josh. We just practiced basic dodging movements nothing eccentric.Sir gave us the last 10 min of class. We changed and waited until the bell rang. I got out of the changing room and walked over to Josh.

“Can you believe that guy?” I said while sitting next to him on the bench.

“What you don’t like him ?” He asked while putting away his water bottle. I looked at him surprised.

“Of course not, there is something about him I don’t like.”

“You mean beside his military structure.” Said Josh.

“Don’t you feel it?” I asked.

“ I have no idea what you’re talking about.” He said and grabbed his backpack. I was confused why was he acting so ignorant. I got up as well. Before I said something else he was walking away. I was about to go after him when someone grabbed my shoulder.