CHAPTER XX: MY ANGEL

"It's been a long time since I came around
Been a long time but I'm back in town
And this time I'm not leaving without you."
- Lady Gaga, You and I

FORNEUS "SLATE" FURTUR

"Where the Hell is he?" I growl, glaring daggers at Dantalion, who just shrugs at me.

Then I see him there, sleeping peacefully on the couch that I knew I have ripped and thrown across the room to him, his chest heaving up and down. His eyes are softly shut, and his lips are slightly parted, inviting. His cheeks are a bit reddish, flustered, and from here, even though the room is dimly-lit, I can see how rosy his cheeks are, and there are freckles, dotting his face in a cute manner.

Dantalion doesn't move; he's currently leaning on the doorway, his eyes flickering between me and the sleeping figure of Adrian. He's currently shirtless, giving me a view of his nicely sculpted chest and his glistening abs. I have those, too.

The anger is still there; I still want to rip him into a million pieces, limbs to limbs, and if I know that Dantalion ever tried to touch him sexually, I'm going to bury his body in a Holy Land. I'm going to bury him alive just to torture him and his demon soul.

Pushing himself, he eases his way to me. There's no threat in his eyes. That or he could be tricking me. I take a defensive stance, and he rolls his eyes at me, as if I'm being a ridiculous demon here. He raises his hands up in surrender and I put down my stance. He jerks his chin towards the direction of sleeping Adrian. There's no sign of him being in danger – I knew what I felt; I knew that he was in trouble, that someone was trying to kill him. If Dantalion tried to kill him, I swear I don't know what I'll be able to do to him. Just thinking if Adrian got hurt in any way is enough to boil my blood in anger.

"Malevolent spirit demons," he says to me. I see the anger in his eyes as well, but it quickly disappears. What I saw in his eyes, I push it at the back of my head. "They knew that he's an angel, a fallen one, and he was really shitless scared when I saw him in a dark and isolated alley. Good thing I was following him. If not, those bitches could have killed him already had I not been following him."

Growling low in my throat, I make my way towards his sleeping figure and kneel down, expecting if he's hurt, or checking if he has wounds. There's not. I sigh in relief. My wings fold at my back, and I begin to change into my human form. "Why were you following him?"

"He's interesting to me," he says nonchalantly, shrugging. "He was relieved to see me there, and after I killed those bitches, he was so happy that he hugged me tight, even though I was in my demon form." I don't know why he has the nerve to tell me that. In a second, I'm in my demon form again and in one swift movement, I pin him on the wall, glaring daggers sharpened with hatred and anger. He remains calm and collected. That's Dantalion being Dantalion. He's good at that, masking whatever emotion he has in his dark and tainted heart.

What I'm feeling inside of me, it's not normal. It's not normal for a demon to have – for a very powerful demon to have. Hatred, anger, those are normal to feel for us without any reason why. But this time, I have a reason to hate this motherfucker pinned on the wall by me, just because of the image of Adrian hugging him just because he was saved. "Listen here, Dantalion," I begin, saying through gritted teeth. "You will stay away from Hadraniel, got that? You will stay away from my angel or I swear I'm going to tear you limbs to limbs and bury your body in the Holy Land. He's mine, you got it? HE IS FUCKING MINE." I spit in his face.

Pushing me back, he glares at me, matching the intensity of my glare. "He's not yours. Just because you found him in the goddamn woods, doesn't mean he has become yours. If it weren't for Rahab, he wouldn't have landed here on Earth, thus you finding him."