CHAPTER IX: I'M GONNA SWING FROM THE CHANDELIER

"I'm on a mission
And it involves some heavy touchin' yeah
You've indicated your interest
I'm educated in sex, yes." - Lady Gaga, LoveGame

The demon has bought me stuff, such as clothes and other things that will make my life easier as a mortal man. I thought that they were supposed to be destruction and all, but Slate keeps surprising me. At the back of my head there's a voice saying that he has stolen the things he brought for me, but there's a huge part of me says that he's being sincere and really bought these things for me.

After roaming the city of Brooklyn, he went away for a couple of hours and he came into the apartment at exactly 10:42 in the evening. I have a pretty good memory, and I'm thankful that I haven't lost that when I became a mortal (I hope that this is really a temporary thing). As soon as he got home, he had bags in his hands, and without saying anything to me, he gave it to me rather forcefully and went into his room. I was supposed to thank him, but never got the chance to. Plus, whenever I say thank you to him, or say good stuff to him, he frowns and gets pissed. But it's a good thing that he never lashes out to me. So I decide from now on that I'll never thank him, even though I'm itching to do so.

The city of Brooklyn is glinting beautifully at night again and before I sleep, I'd like to have a view of this beautiful city. Having seen this will help me get a good night sleep, and it reminds of my mother, who loves beautiful things and keeps seeing good things. I can't help but think that as soon as she lays her eyes upon this beauty, her eyes will never leave the sight of this.

The two bridge reflect on the East River, and in between of them is the reflection of the moon shining brightly. The stars are scattered across the sky. Even though the clock reads 11:32 in the evening, there are still a lot of cars and blinking white and red lights across the streets.

Taking a deep breath, I turn around and undress myself, leaving myself in my green boxers. I found out about this comfortable feeling when I was stripping myself off because I was uncomfortable and this happened in the morning, and ever since then, I discovered that the air feels good on my skin. So after stripping myself off I dive into my bed and sigh in contentment as I drape the duvet on top of me and bury my head into the comfy pillow, shutting my eyes.

With a thought of tomorrow will be another day I need to overcome, I sleep peacefully, my parents' faces flashing inside my head and I swear I feel my bed dip, but it could just be my head playing tricks, or it could be just because my body is so exhausted, so I never bother about it and sleep.

When the morning comes, the sun is shining brightly, its ray going through the uncurtained see-through windows. My eyes flutter open and I already feel the good in the morning, and I let out a yawn. For a moment I just stare at the city of Brooklyn, doing nothing but watching the birds freely fly in the sky; the sky has been painted of light blue color, with white calm clouds moving slowly.

I pick up my clothes on the ground and wear them, and head outside and find the demon already dressed up formally. A demon who is in a suit and tie dress. His hair is brushed up, gelled, and he looks totally different. He looks very... human. "Morning," I say to him. I find out that he doesn't like to be greeted in the morning with a good morning, or good afternoon, or good evening. So I find a different way to greet him. Back in the Angels' Home, whenever I wake up and see my parents, I always greet them good mornings. The demon just looks at me and nods in acknowledgement. I mean to ask him something but he turns his back on me and I frown.

He prepares something for me and without saying anything he throws something in the air: a red orb, the one that I've seen before he took me here, and the red orb glows brightly, then it expands until it can fit several people. The demon arches a brow at me and slips himself through the portal and with a blink sound, the portal disappears. On the table I see that he has left me some breakfast to eat: wheat bread, sunny side-up, and hotdogs. He who likes to eat mortal foods. I'm talking about the demon.