Chapter Two: The Comforting Spell on Energon

Start from the beginning

"Where?"

Arcee just opened her mouth as a third voice went quicker.

"An energon source not far from here has been excavated by people. We'll save the energon before anyone can get hurt. "

Optimus looked serious as his quiet tone. He looked down to you before his gaze hit Arcee and Bumblebee who was nodding at him.

"I'll accompany you." Your tone showed unequivocally that this was not a question. But only a statement to their knowledge.

"Energon in it's pure form is a very unstable substance and we do not know how it affects humans."

You suppressed your slight surprise. It seemed as if he did not want you to come with him. For you this was a good reason to explore this energon - was it a kind of explosive? There was far worse than that, he seemed to feel responsible for your well-being, first of all you were at the base for your protection and probably for their. But you were a grown up womn and in a certain sense responsible for yourself.

"If there are people around the construction zone, I will distract them a while." 

With a glancing look, you made clear that you had noticed his opinion. You noticed how Arcee raised an eyebrow skeptically at this gesture.

A strange silence broke through the room, which was interrupted by Ratchet who opened the groundbridge.

"Be careful, there could really still be people close by." 

He had respective your words in the situation before and that only with a sigh, which you had skillfully ignored.

The bots changed their shape and you got into the humming V - Mode of Bumblebee, even though you knew you would not drive you did use the driver 's seat. It was soothing to have the tax in close proximity and besides you do not trust the police in not stoping the car.

Arcee was a motorcycle, and you didn't like the feeling to ride on an motorcycle.

Of course, you had already driven with Optimus, he was the first with whom you had driven.

The group sat down immediately after you had entered the car.

You've always been so close to the prime. Not in a romantic way, not in a peculiar way ... you  did not know how. Now where you finally met there was a  tangible,   substance seemed to separate you. It was probably the distance that hat brought you near to each other.

_____________________________

The place where the workers excavated the energon wasn't in Nevada. It was in a somewhat overgrown landscape. This was not very comforting when one looked at the machines which encircled everything.

Finally, a cave was found in a quarrying, one that had been built by workers and excavators. Everything seemed abandoned.

You got out and the bots transformed.

Something was suspicious about the conspicuous calm in this place and you looked around and made a few steps towards the houses. But no one was seen through the little windows.

Meanwhile, the three bots stood in front of the cave. You did not recognize immediately why they did not just enter until you heard Optimus' instructions.

"Bumblebee, Arcee, start to compress the energon."

The cave was too small for him. Bumblebee just fitted through the entrance. Said made a consenting sound and disappeared in the cave. Arcee once more turned to her leader before she followed. "Don't take to much time"

You were not surprised that he leaved. To the dismantling of Energon, Optimus usually crossed with a trailer, he was probably going to pick it up.

Shortly you looked over to the two who briefly continued to talk and you entered the cave.

There were hardly any lights, so it was relatively dark. The small vibrations through the steps of your Cybertronian friends awaken in you the worry the cave might collapse.

Behind you, you felt like Arcee caught up to you.

"What does Energon look like?" You asked. You did not know exactly what you were looking for.

"You'll recognize it as soon as you see it," the Femme replied smiling. You had not planned to reply, but you would have had no time when abruptly you stoped as Bumblebee did not move a centimeter more. Before you opened your mouth you noticed that the way forked. The people had done a great job.

"We'll split up," Arcee said.

You followed her while Bumblebee took the other way.

For you, in any situation, was to split up always the least best option. Of course, it was so much more practical, but you could not suppress an uncomfortable feeling.

'Just be glad that you're out of the base. ' You were more excited than you were worried. Finally something to experience again had you urgently needed that.

A bright, blue glow caused your thoughts to fade. Surprised, you solidified and gazed huge, turquoise-blue luminous crystals, which gathered on the side of the cave more and more as you advanced. They were different from anything you had ever seen. Their lights were warm and intense, their charisma soothing and warming. It was almost too comforting.

Arcee had not been wrong.

You did not even notice how she looked at you in amusement.

Neither how close you had approached to one of the crystals. Without thinking about whether or not it was a good idea to do so, you stretched out a hand for the glow.

You felt the warmth and wellbeing almost on your skin.

'Don't!'

You would definitely regret it.

_____________________________________________

To be honest, I am not very happy with this chapter. I hope you can understand why - I cann't.

Nevertheless. Thank you for reading ;)

SEca