Chapter 7

There was nothing Sammy could say to Amos that would be meaningful enough. The word to express his feelings of hate and rage and curiosity did not exist. But, thankfully, the American language had some similar words he could put forth to use to express somewhat of how he felt at that moment.

  "DAMN SON OF A DICKHEAD MONKEY FOISTING-" and that was about as far as Sammy's words went, for he was too exhausted and too weak and confused to speak anymore. He didn't understand how he knew what to say at that moment, or what made him say it, and he was confused by the clawing feeling. It was agonizing, and he wanted it gone. He didn't like the feeling of it just sitting in his brain, waiting for another chance to consume Sammy in agonizing pain again.

  Amos waited patiently till Sammy's spur of words were over, seeming much more happier and less stiff for the results of his name."I don't think wasting your time on listing words that is gonna help you at all. Certainly, by this result, and the whole meaning of your name, your a demon. Which type, I am not sure. But you appear human, act as such. So I can treat you as such..."

  Sammy found that as a deep relief since he had overheard the fact that Amos treated his kettering demon like it was nothing. Or, at least, he said it like he hadn't. And to be honest, he could just assume by the way he called his demon 'slave' made him someone on Sammy's watch out list for rapist. The list consisted now of Amos and also that morning dove that landed on his window that one day when he woke up. The bird looked spooky and looked just like a rapist...Beady eyes and all that...It set off the Rap-y vibe

  "Well, that's a wonderful thing to hear! But, do you actually go to bed with a demon? And I think you called it a he...So I would hope not," Sammy said slowly, and as he did, Amos grinned happily like the questions put forth made him happy or just amused to an extreme level.

  "I was joking, of course. Though I do sometimes give him bits of affection and torture, which is all part of my normal love for my demon...You will understand soon. I was planning on getting you and your friend Ethan a demon partner for yourselves. Hopefully, they will both be boys. Boy demons are much less cunning and much less handsome to the eye. In my opinion, anyway, they are all impure and ugly," Amos announced to Sammy, who frankly didn't care about his opinions, but the part of getting his own demon excited him and made him wonder what he meant by that.

  "How would you even select a demon for someone? Is there a test online or something?" Sammy inquired, and Amos titled what was left of the liquid back into the podium's center.

  "No, I don't have connections to the internet medias, and I wish to not be on it anyhow. But there is a form of test you will take, yes. Basically which one would fit you the best. I did not choose my demon, since he just happened to stumble upon me. So, in exchanged for a life time of service to the Plumwillow household, he would get a place to stay. I'd say it's going quite well so far..," Amos explained, and Sammy's eyebrows creased. Maybe he would get a python demon as well. He hoped inside his mind silently that he would get something like a hellhound, even though one had nearly killed him a few hours ago. He simply just craved an demon that at least looked like something he knew. And a hellhound would do well.

  "That sort of sounds like suck-ish deal...There are woods outside. Couldn't the demon just live out there? It's part snake, and there are lots of things out there that a snake would need," Sammy asked with confusion, not seeing how trying to survive out in the woods would seem so bad compared to being Amos's personal slave.

  Amos shook his head and said in a silky voice,"because it's simply a small child demon. He doesn't know what's best for him. I did try to persuade him to stay, of course, but there really was no need. He had been attacked in the woods once, and I didn't ask for details. But whatever happened, he didn't want to be there. So, now he is safe in here with me with the small price of his service. He is immortal, in a way. So, I would say that a life time is nothing to him..."