23

I know y'all mad and was probably cussing me out in your head but.... I wanted to update last night but I'm sick and it was hard to put a chapter together.

*****
Katora waited until Shyanne had driven off before slowly making her way over to Chantelle . When she was deep in the cemetery itself she stood still and watched Chantelle from a distance.

Chantelle carried a Single light pink rose in her hand as she walked. Katora watched as she came to a halt in front of a grave then bent down to place the rose on the grave. Although Katora was watching from a distance she could see that Chantelle was crying. Chantelle got down on her knees and covered her face with her hands.

Having enough of what she was seeing, Katora made her way over to her. The closer she got the louder Chantelle's sobs became.

"Chantelle, "Katora said when she stood in front of her.

Chantelle removed her hands from her face and looked over at her.

"Did you follow me? "She asked.

"Yes, but only because I wanted to know what was going on with you, "Katora replied honestly.

Chantelle stood up, "I told you that I'm fine. Just go back to work and wait until I get back. "

"I'm not stupid. I can tell that your not 'fine' and I know those tears aren't tears of happiness. "

"Katora just go. I don't want to speak to anyone right now,"Chantelle said with tiredness in her voice.

"But I don't want to leave. I can't be somewhere else knowing that you're going through something on your own. I want to be there for you. "

"Katora-"

"Just let me at least stand here. You won't have to say anything to me if you don't want to, "Katora said cutting Her off.

Chantelle stared at Katora for a couple seconds before offering Her hand. Katora got closer to her and grabbed her hand in hers.

"Whose grave is this? " Katora questioned.

"My brother. "

Katora noticed the slightest crack in her voice when she said the word 'brother'. She gave Chantelle's hand a light squeeze to let her know it was going to be okay.

"How did he die? "

"Suicide, "Chantelle muttered as she looked up at the Sky.

"It's gonna be okay," Katora assured Her when she heard her sniff.

"He told me it was going to be okay and that he was taking us to a better place. He said it would be a 'happy place ' with other people like us. He told me that no one would be there to hurt us and no one will ever find us. I was so stupid to leave with him."

"Where did He take you? "

"He took me to the end of the cross road. He was driving so fast and no matter how I screamed and begged for him to stop he kept going. He looked at me and smiled 'No more pain and suffering. It will all vanish once we arrive'   was what he said to me. When I finally looked away from him and looked ahead of us he was driving into the direction of a large concrete wall. He never stopped, he just kept going and going until the car finally crashed. " Chantelle cried harder as she went on.

"Due to the impact and where he was seated he was knocked out cold. All I remember is pain and blood, "She paused, "There was so much fucking blood.  I successfully got him out of the car and I held him in my hands as I sat on the floor  . I screamed for someone to come and help us or call an ambulance but no one ever did. I remember watching him bleed out slowly until finally he was dead.

When the cops and ambulance arrived at the Spot, so did my parents too. They kept putting the blame on me. They said it was my fault he died. They said it so much until I finally believe it. If he didn't try to help me he wouldn't have died. When we got home they didn't even have mercy on me because of his death. My mother watched as my father beat me. With every kick he sent to my body I screamed out and all she did was watch. He told me that I was worthless , that no one will ever won't me and that I was the family curse ."

Katora couldn't cope with what she was saying. Her heart continued to ache with every word that left Chantelle's mouth. She found herself crying as Chantelle went on.  Every time her voice would crack and she would cry harder Katora gave her hand a tight squeeze to let her know she was there for her.

"Sometimes I wished I had died with him too. Shit I still do. Many times I would attempt suicide But I just couldn't bring myself to actually Kill myself. "

Katora frowned, "Don't say that. If you had died I wouldn't be here for you . We wouldn't be together. "

"They made me who I am today. I don't want to be this way but I can't help but feel angry at the world and everyone in it. They fucking broke me and I can't be fixed. It is all in the past but the thoughts never left my mind. The memories are like a broken record that plays inside of my head. I try to turn it down, but I can't quite drown it out. I just want it to stop. Please promise me you'll make it stop. "

Katora released her hand and wrapped her hands around her body. Chantelle buried Her head in the crook of her neck and continued to cry.

"I promise I'll make it stop. No matter what you've been through Just know that I'll always be here for you. No matter if you think you're falling apart, just know it's going to be okay. "

Chantelle pulled away from her and planted her lips on her giving her a small peck. Her palm held her cheek as they kept their eyes on each other. Chantelle knew in her heart that she loved Katie's, but she also knew it was too soon. So she chose not to say anything.  She was also scared to actually admit it too her. She's scared because Katora means more to her than any other person . Katora was all she thought about and all that she wanted.

"You take me to a place I've never been. You give me direction, excitement and affection.
The more I get, the more I want." Chantelle whispered while she used her thumb to rub Her cheek. (If you know the song just pretend like it is not about weed)

Katora covered Chantelle's hand with hers, " I want more of you too.  Matter of fact I want all of you.  Let me help you to forget. Let me make it better.

***