5.

Chantelle

Pushing her finished paperwork to the side Chantelle heard her stomach grumbled. It was mid Day and she didn't eat any breakfast .Deciding on fetching Katora so she could get her her lunch Chantelle made her way out of her office.

Chantelle looked around the shop and frowned once she didn't see Katora. It was lunch break but she didn't send her anywhere therefore she wasn't supposed to leave.

"Mr. Charles ,"She called after an employee Who was sitting at his station.

Chantelle waited until Her employee had approached Her before saying anything else.

"Yes boss? "

"Have you seen my assistant? " She asked as she fixed her tie.

"Yes, She went out to get lunch with Shyanne, "He responded.

"I see, I see,"She murmured ,"Do you happen to know where to? "

"Yes, I Overheard them talking about going to Subway, "

"Thank you Mr.Charles . That is all you may return to your station. "

She walked passed him and made her way to the door. Chantelle was awfully upset due to the fact that Katora had left the shop without Her permission. Chantelle was slowly counting down and this was strike two.

She decided on Just walking to subway since it wasn't far from the shop. Half way through her journey something caught Her eye. A Young woman was casually strolling with an umbrella covering Her head. Chantelle couldn't help but shake Her head at the woman's complexion. It was very evident that she was bleaching. She seemed to be bleaching hard because down to her hair was bleached.

Rolling her eyes Chantelle continued her walk and in four minutes she had reached her destination. As soon as she entered the establishment  she spotted Katora along with Shyanne sitting at a table in the far corner of the room.

She quickly made her way over To them. When she stood in front of them they ceased their talking and gave her their undivided attention.

"Katora can you come outside with me for a moment ?" Chantelle asked not wanting to make a scene.

"Um yeah sure, "She replied as she stood up, "I'll be Right back. "

Chantelle made her way out of the restaurant with Katora trailing behind her. When they made it outside Chantelle didn't hesitate to forcefully grab Katora's hand.

"Did I send you somewhere? " She spat.

"No, but I just thought I could leave since it was lunch break, "Katora replied her voice shaking.

"You thought? You thought? " She  chuckled, "Don't do that. All your moves run by me. If I say go you go. If I say stay you stay. "

Katora frowned before yanking her hand away from Chantelle.

"You aren't my damn daddy. You can't tell me what I can and what I can't fucking do! " Katora semi-yelled.

Chantelle looked around and noticed eyes were on them.  She gripped Katora's hand Once more this time with extra force.

"You are making a scene, "She hissed angrily.

She was already pissed off about Katora leaving without Her permission and her yelling was adding fuel to a flame that wouldn't be easily quenched.

"I don't care, you don't own me Chantelle. Stop acting Like you are the Fucking boss of me!" Katora fought to get out of her tight grasp.

"Oh but Katora I am your boss. You occupy space in my home you adhere to my every rule ,"

Red faced Katora shot back a quick response.

"I've been nothing but nice to you and all you do Is be a big ass bitch to me. Fuck outta here, "She forcefully shoved Chantelle away causing her to trip and fall.

Her eyes widened at Chantelle's body on the floor. Chantelle's nose flared and she wanted nothing more than to wrap her fingers around Katora's neck. She tried to remain calm remembering that she was Romania's sister.

"Don't come back to my apartment or you'll surely regret it, " Chantelle rasped as she tried to get up.

*****

"Where's Katora? " Romania asked as she exited the kitchen.

"Beats me, "Chantelle replied as she casually scrolled through the channels on the television.

"What do you mean 'Beats me' I left her in your care."

Chantelle only shrugged uninterested in the conversation. Romania made her way over to Chantelle and Snatched the remote from her hand.

"I'm not playing with you Elle. Where is my sister?"

Chantelle briefly explained what happened in a calm matter.

"You what?! " Romania shrieked.

"I'm not repeating myself. "

"Chantelle you need to go find my sister, "

"She angered me Romania I don't want her back here. "

"I think you're forgetting that we share this apartment and  I help pay the bills. Go find my sister and apologize Now! "

"No,"Chantelle challenged.

Romania closed her eyes and let out a breath.

"Chantelle please go and find my sister. She's the only one I have besides my grandmother and my bitch of a mother . I know you know how it feels to lose a sibling do what's Right and don't make the same mistake twice.

Sighing Chantelle got up and grabbed her Keys. What Romania said had really hit a bone.

*****
🙏