11.5

The slam of the door rang in Katora's ears before she heard the flicker of the light switch. When the hand that was covering Her eyes was removed she slowly turned around.

"What are you doing here? " She asked surprised when she became face to face with none other than Chantelle.

Chantelle gave her no response. Instead she just stood there challenging Katora with her eyes.

Katora frowned when she took in Chantelle's appearance.  Her hair was in a wild mess and some of the strands clung to her face . she also had light but visible bags under her eyes . She looked as though she hadn't slept in days.

"Are you okay ?" Katora questioned worriedly .

Chantelle completely caught Her off guard when she grabbed her hand.

"Um what are you doing? " Katora asked nervously.

Without a word Chantelle walked further into the apartment with Katora trailing behind her.

When they entered the bedroom Chantelle released her grip from Katora's arm.

"Get onto the bed, " Chantelle instructed.

Katora raised Her eyebrows, "What? Why? "

"Just get onto the bed. "

She stood there awkwardly before hesitantly walking over to the bed. After sitting on it Her eyes lingered on Chantelle.

She watched as Chantelle placed the bag that she hadn't noticed she was carrying until now on the floor. She slipped Her T-shirt over her head then removed her sweats. After that she switched the light off.

Katora gulped when Chantelle made her way over to her bed. She climbed onto the bed and laid down.

"I haven't been able to sleep since you've been gone, "Chantelle spoke.

Katora understood that she had that issue because she wasn't there to comfort Her when she had nightmares. .

"Ohh," she mumbled not knowing exactly what to say.

"I came here to see if I could get some sleep. " Chantelle stated.

She got comfortable on the bed then pulled the blanket over her. Katora simply laid next to her feeling uncomfortable.  Minutes passed as they both laid there in awkward silence.

"I still can't sleep. You need to do what you usually do when we were back at my apartment. "

"Well this is what I usually do when we're back at your apartment . You lay there and I um, I lay here ,"Katora gestured with her hands.

"I think we should switch sides. I usually sleep on the left side and you sleep on the right."

"Yeah we should."

After switching sides and getting under the sheets they both stared at the ceiling.

"It still doesn't seem right. I'm frustrated and I haven't been able to sleep in days. Just get with the fucking programme so I can get some sleep," Chantelle snapped.

Katora bit her lip trying to figure out if she should just continue lying or comfort her like she usually does. She knew Chantelle would act up if she continued to lie and she also knew she would Definitely act up if she comforted her.

"Are you just gonna lay there and do nothing?"

Fuck it.

"Just don't get mad,"Katora pleaded even though she knew Chantelle would flip.

"Lay on your side with your back facing me."

"Why?"

"Do you want to sleep or not?" Katora snapped.

Chantelle held her tongue and followed her instructions.

"What next?"

Katora laid on her side also and with her shaking arms she slowly wrapped them around Chantelle.

Without five seconds passing Chantelle sat up.

"What the fuck was that?!" She yelled.

"You told me to do what I usually did and I did."

"So you hug me while I'm asleep? You're a fucking weirdo man !" She yelled once again whilst hopping out of bed.

"I don't think it's right for you to be yelling at me in my own place!You need to calm the hell down or leave."

Chantelle snapped her head back to look at her.

"Calm down or leave? The fuck you think you talking to? I pay yo damn bills. You lucky I don't have yo ass on the streets. Ole freak ass kid."

"Well this 'ole freak ass kid' is the only thing that can help you to sleep at night. So I suggest you stop tripping, calm down and get in bed."

Katora couldn't take Chantelle's shit at the moment. She didn't regret her tone of voice and she didn't regret what She said . She could see that she really needed rest and all she wanted to do was help her.

They both glared at each other in silence. With the loud suck of her teeth and soft muttering Chantelle walked over to the bed then climbed in.

When she got under the blanket again Katora wrapped her arms around her. Chantelle tensed up a bit the feeling that she was feeling foreign to her. Trying to get comfortable she snuggled herself into Katora's arms ,her body now firmly pressed against Katora's .

Awkwardness was in the air and they both felt it.

"So um Katora, what was your reason for hugging me in my sleep like this in the first place?" Chantelle questioned.

"Well when I slept with you the first night, you had a nightmare. I didnt know what to do and I didn't like seeing you like that ,so I did what I had to do to calm you down. You seemed to like it because you melted into my touch."

"Ohh.."Chantelle trailed off, "Thank you ."

"What?" Katora asked not sure if her ears were deceiving her.

"I said thank you ," She responded her voice lower.

Katora grinned," Your welcome."

"I still don't like you."

"Shit , I almost forgot. Thanks for reminding me ," Katora said sarcastically  causing Chantelle to  chuckle.

"No problem kid."