22.

Katora groaned after hanging Up the company telephone  for the hundredth time that day. For her the day was a complete drag since that Chantelle had been a bit distant. Throughout the week they were living it up with each other and minimal time was spent apart. Chantelle even brought over a whole suit case of clothes just so that she didn't have to go back and forth from her apartment and back. Everything was flowing smoothly between them until today.

Katora noticed Chantelle's change of behavior when She woke up alone. Chantelle usually  laid in bed until Katora woke Just so that she could watch her as she slept .  When Katora went looking for Chantelle she found her sitting on the couch with her head in her hands.

Many times, Katora would try get Chantelle to tell her what was wrong ,but all she ever said was 'I'm fine'. Katora constantly thought about what she could've done wrong but she couldn't come up with anything . Just yesterday they were cuddling while Chantelle complained about the Kitten following Her around. It was like something switched in her head while she slept.

Katora hopped off of the stool she was sitting on and made her way to Chantelle's office .  After knocking on the door and waiting for a couple seconds Katora opened the door.

"It is soon lunch break ,do you want me to get you something to eat? "Katora asked as she stared at Chantelle intently.

"I'm not hungry right now, "Chantelle responded with her eyes focused on the papers on her desk.

Katora frowned, "Are you sure because you didn't eat any breakfast?  It wont be a problem for me to get you something to eat ."

"Yes I'm sure. Do you need anything else? "

"No, that's it. "

Katora gave Chantelle One last look then turned to leave the room. She paused with her hand on the knob before turning around to face Chantelle.

"You know that you can tell me anything right? Just tell me what I'm doing wrong and I promise I'll fix it. "

Chantelle forced a fake smile on to her face, "I'm fine. Don't worry about me. Go on and get yourself something to eat. "

"Alright, "Katora mumbled saddened by the fact that she wasn't being honest with her.

With her hands in Her pants pocket Katora made her way to the general tattoo area. She spotted Shyanne removing her gloves as her previous client walked away.

"Are you alright?You don't look so Good, "Shyanne stated.

"My mind is just on Chantelle. She's been acting kind of odd."

"I realized. This morning when she saw me at the apartment complex she didn't even glare at me. That alone made me assume that something was wrong. You asked her what's up with her yet? "
Katora nodded, "She keeps lying to me and I just want her to talk to me. "

"When did you realize she was acting strange? "

"This morning when I woke up. "

"Maybe she's just moody. Is she on her period? "

"No. "

"I think that you should hit Romania up and see if She knows what's going on with her, "Shyanne suggested.

"Good idea. Lemme borrow your phone for a minute ,"Katora held out her hand.

"You really need to get a phone, "Shyanne said as she gave the phone to her.

"I will. Whenever I have time. "

Katora dialed Romania's , placed the phone next to her ear and waited for her to pick up.

"Who this? "Romania picked Up.

"I know momma taught you manners. "

"Say what you gotta say my food is getting cold. " Romania mumbled, her chewing audible.

"I was wondering if you knew why Chantelle is behaving odd  today. With you being her best friend and all you gotta know something. "

"What's today's date? " Romania asked.

"The tenth, "Katora Replied .

"Shit....,"Romania trailed off.

"What? "

"I think you should go talk to Chantelle directly rather than coming to me for information. Now bye my food is getting cold. "

"Wait! Just tell me! "Katora yelled frustrated.

"I'm losing service."

"But I  just need to kn-"

Katora was cut off when the line went dead  .

"No luck there huh? "Shyanne spoke up.

"Not at all, "Katora muttered in disappointment.

She gave Shyanne her phone then threw her head back.

"Why is shit so difficult? "Katora asked with her eyes on the ceiling.

Shyanne placed Her hand on her shoulder, "You'll figure it out or she'll come to you when she's ready.  It is lunch break now so let's just go get something to munch on. "

***

"Why aren't you eating?"Shyanne asked when she noticed Katora picking at her food.

"I can't focus on eating when I know that Chantelle's not okay. "

Katora put her fork down and placed Her hands in her lap.

"And you won't be okay if you don't eat, so eat. I can hear your stomach grumbling from over here. "

Sighing Katora poked Her baked chicken with her fork. Katora loved baked chicken but at the moment it wasn't appetizing.

"Look, can we just go? "She asked dropping Her fork on to her plate.

"Alright let's just go. "

Since the meal was already paid for for they just left the restaurant. The car ride back to work was filled with silence. Katora didn't feel like talking and Shyanne wasn't going to start anything. With her eyes closed Katora leaned Her head against the window.

"Katora, "Shyanne called.

"What? "Katora mumbled.

"Um Chantelle just drove past us. "
Katora opened Her eyes, "Where could she be going? "

"We can follow her if you like. "

Katora nodded her head in approval.

***

"Um question. Why is she at a cemetery? "Shyanne whispered.

"I don't know but I gotta go see, "Katora responded gripping the door handle.

"Are you sure you wanna go in there? " Shyanne stopped her by grabbing her arm.

"I gotta go see her. She needs me."

"Alright . Do what you gotta do. "

**

I know y'all probably mad, but Just cool until the next chapter coming next week.

I mean tomorrow.