The beat was starting to get to me, despite the shots of tequila Lorelei had bought when we'd arrived. I wasn't drunk and the room wasn't spinning, but the scent of perfume and sweat mixed with the loud bass of the music made me want to gag. It was probably the first time since my twenties that so many bodies were within close proximity to mine, except for maybe that time I had floor seats for Green Day and there weren't actual seats. I felt light-headed and in need of hydration.

"Gonna get some water!" I yelled into Lorelei's ear as she swayed her hips, a young latino giving his approval with his eyes.

She nodded at me, though she continued to flirt with the guy with her dance moves.

"What can I get you, Red?" asked the bartender. Normally I would have rolled my eyes. Like I hadn't heard that one before.

"Just a water, please," I replied with a sugary sweet smile.

I sipped through the straw as though I hadn't had anything to drink for days, quickly reaching ice. I heard a voice next to me, and it took me a second to realize they were talking to me.

"I'm sorry?" I turned my head to see a man, his shirt and chest sweaty. He was somewhat attractive, but not really my type. If I had a type. Did I have a type?

"Let me get you another one of those," he offered, pointing to my empty glass.

"Oh," I chuckled, shaking my head. "It's okay. It's just water."

"Well, then, let's put something in that water."

Before I could protest, the guy turned towards the bar and ordered something. When he handed me a glass with a grin, I smiled back and thanked him. Taking a hesitant sip, I quickly noticed it was nearly pure alcohol and most likely had no water in it. I drank it anyway, hoping the sooner I did, the sooner the man would go away.

"You have gorgeous hair," he remarked, stepping closer to me.

"Thanks." I just kept sipping through my straw, hoping he'd take the hint that I was not interested.

"What's your name?"

I eyed him. "Stacey."

"Beautiful name, Stacey," he said, his hand suddenly brushing across my back. "I'm Chad."

Of course. He looked like a Chad. He also looked really young. Too young for me. Or at least I thought, until I suddenly remembered Harry. Okay, I didn't suddenly remember him. I thought about him a lot. He just didn't seem as young as this Chad guy. Even though he was probably younger.

"Nice to meet you," I nodded. I took the last sip of my cocktail, making it a point to slurp it as loudly as possible before setting it on the bar.

"Wanna dance?" asked Chad, leaning in.

I blinked. "I'm sorry. I really have to go to the ladies' room."

"Oh, okay," Chad cocked his head.

"Excuse me," I said. I started to walk around him, then thought perhaps I was being a bit rude. I turned back to look at him. "Thank you for the drink."

There was a line for the bathroom. I fanned myself with my hand, wishing I hadn't drunk Chad's cocktail. I leaned against the wall and pulled my phone out of my pocket, ready to text Lorelei, even though she probably wouldn't notice. My heart fluttered in my chest when I realized I had a missed call from Harry, and he had left a voicemail. I knew I wouldn't be able to hear it in the noise of the club, so I waited until I was inside the stall to listen to it.

"Hi Stacey," he greeted me. "I got back to the hotel earlier than I thought I would so I reckoned I'd ring you. Guess you're busy. If...if you get a chance, call me back okay?"