Grateful

Seth has been really awkward these past weeks, acting very weirdly. For some reason, he has chosen not to share what was going on with you. You've been dating for 2 years now, and you'd tell each other about everything constantly.

He'd always come up to you when he wasn't feeling well, when something was bothering him, to vent. And now, he hasn't. You even tried to pull the subject a couple of times, but he plays dumb and avoids it smoothly.

You're worried about him, especially because he keeps distancing himself bit by bit, day by day. And you still haven't managed to put your finger on what's happening. But something's up, that you're sure.

You're very thankful for your best friend, Finn. He's been really supportive of you, always hearing you out, giving you advice... basically, just being there for you. Something Seth hasn't done lately.

__________

It's Monday. Raw was 1 hour away from the city you lived in and Seth was supposed to come home. However, apparently he has to stay because he's needed on Monday Night Raw. He didn't even call you, he just sent you a text. You hate how distant he's being. You absolutely hate it.

Plus, you had already ditched Finn, with whom you were supposed to have dinner, for him and now he's not coming. You get it's his job, but fuck, you're angry anyway... This is not the Seth you're in love with.

One thing you're certain, you're not sitting at home the whole night, depressing and sulking around. Oh hell no. So, you just grab your phone and text Finn, letting him know that your plans are no longer cancelled. He asks what happened, but you say you'll tell him later.

_________

You told Finn all about Seth's latest stunt as you both had dinner. Once again, he was an amazing friend, the best you could ever ask for. You see him as an older brother and he totally looks after you as if you were his baby sister.

Even after finishing dinner, you sat there talking and talking, and laughing. You really needed this, take your mind off things, and relax. When you take notice, it's almost 11pm. You sigh, remembering that Raw ended a couple of hours ago and Seth didn't even bother calling.

As you were leaving, Finn snaps a selfie of you both, and posts it on Instagram, captioning it with "Dinner with the best of them all!" followed by a couple of heart-eyes emojis along with that monkey hiding his eyes emoji. Then, you said our goodbyes and headed home.

_________

You get home, unlocking the door and getting inside as you kick your heels to the floor, sighing softly. You almost die when you notice him, sitting in the couch in the dark.

"Seth?" You ask, slightly frightened as you switch the lights on. He gives you no reply. He's just sitting there, his right leg sprawled on the couch, his hair up in a bun, his face so... down, so broken... And that's when you notice the crutches beside him. "Baby, what happened? What are the crutches for?" You ask panicking, rushing to his side and kneeling down on the floor beside him. Not his knee again, please.

Once more, he doesn't reply, even more, flinches away from you when you place your hand on his bicep.

"Seth...?" You call out, confused, as you try to read him for some answers. He looks angry, disappointed even, right now.

"I needed you, and where were you?" He snaps dryly. "Out with your... friend, Bálor. I've seen your selfie. Really cute couple, you two." He ends up in a sarcastic remark.

"Oh, you needed me? Really?" You reply, upset, getting up from the floor. "Now, that's new. For the past weeks, you needed everything but me." You can't stop the words that were coming out of your mouth, they were stuck inside longer than they should. "And what the fuck are you implying? Finn's just my friend."