weeks

*after a few weeks*

You were moving the last of your boxes into the apartment you know shared with Gerard. You had gone back to work and were almost done with all your characters. You still needed a male character, and some color schemes, but otherwise that you were almost done.

You were carrying three boxes full of sample sketches and comic books from your apartment. You went into the living room and started to unpack all of the comic books. You were sorting through your old sketches. You were looking at one in particular, it was a house and a smiling woman playing with her daughter. Gerard walked in and took the picture from you. "This will be us one day." He said simply."

"You really think so?"

"Of course, I would love to move into a big house with you and have a bunch of children."

You blushed, "You really love me that much?"

"Of course, we should start saving money right now. Er- Well I mean if you want to buy a house with me."

You smiled and hugged Gerard, "Of course I do."

"I'm so happy you decided to move in." He said.

"Me too, I'm so happy with you. I was thinking about going out with Ithaca tonight. Maybe you and Frank and Mikey could go out somewhere." You told him.

"Sounds like a plan to me." He responded pulling out his phone and texting who you presumed was Mikey and Frank. After a few moments he said, "Okay, we're going out for a few beers tonight. He kneeled down and helped you sort the comic books. You both sat in silence, enjoying each others company.

You look at Gerard, his red hair dangling in his eyes, his little nose, his sharp jawline, his soft lips. His broad shoulders were arched and his hazel eyes were focused on sorting the books. Suddenly you couldn't contain yourself.

You jumped onto Gerard, your bodies colliding. Your force knocked him over and you were lying on top of him. You began to kiss him roughly and you pulled at his hair. He bit your lip and grunted into your mouth. His hands tangled into your hair and began to lightly tug at the hem of your shirt. You grinned and pulled at his. You both smiled as things began to heat up.

*time skip*

You and Gerard both got dressed in outfits for the night. You were going to hang out with Ithaca in her apartment so you just threw on an old tee shirt and some sweatpants. Gerard on the other hand had a light blue shirt on, some jeans, and a black leather jacket. His hair was messy as always so you grabbed a hairbrush and started to brush it.

He looked at you and whispered, "Are you enjoying yourself?"

"Yes actually, I am." You responded.

"What is it about my hair you like so much?"

"Probably just the fact it is red. It always reminds me that your my firetruck, and you'll always be there to save me."

He kissed your nose and looked at you. "How can you look so good in sweatpants?" He said to you mischievously.

You smiled and kissed his cheek. "You better get going, you seemed really excited about this." You said back.

"Okay, I'll be home around 11." Gerard replied.

"I'll see you later. Love you." You said.

He pulled you into his chest and you snuggled into him. "I love you too. Don't do anything too crazy with Ithaca."

"I'll try my hardest." You said as Gerard walked to the door. You winked at Gerard, as he grabbed some keys and walked out of the door. You pulled out your phone and told Ithaca she could come over.

*time skip*

Ithaca knocked on the door once and you flung it open. "Oh my gosh! I have so much to tell you about Frank!" She squealed.

You laughed and sat down on the couch. The sun was sinking in the sky, and you looked out the window, watching the L.A. landscape slowly become darker. You were happy.

Ithaca sprung down next to you and looked expectantly at you. "So, I was thinking we could watch a movie and talk about our relationships with each other. How does that sound?" Ithaca said in one breath.

"Perfect." You said while looking through the movie channels for something decent. You finally stopped on the movie 50 First Dates. "How's this?" You asked Ithaca.

"Excellent. So, what do you like the most about Gerard?"

"Probably his personality. He's so sweet and kind."

"That's so cute!"

You and Ithaca continued to talk about your relationships, giving each other tips along the way. You both ate cold pizza and started watching How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days. You were both having fun, like before. "Do you smell smoke?" Ithaca asked you. You sniffed the air, bit didn't smell any smoke. You shook your head. You looked back out the window.

The sky was dark and filled with stars. Lights lit up the city and cars drove around everywhere. Every once in a while you would hear a soft honk from a car. It was peaceful. Then you heard Ithaca scream.

The door to your apartment was wide open and down the hall you could see flashes of crimson and orange. It was moving down the hall consuming the building in the process. You began to cough on the air, from smoke. You looked at Ithaca, who's eyes were as wide as a deer in headlights.

"It-it's a fi-fire." Ithaca stammered.

You looked at her and grabbed her shaking hand. "We need to get out of here."