Chapter 60 - End Of The Hunt

Start from the beginning

Perhaps I'll challenge a few myself. Show them who's boss. It'll certainly be a glorious fight in my current form and no doubt the more dangerous such beasts are, the more useful they'll be as cultivating resources. But, there'll also be untold danger involved, even more so if I don't know anything about these creatures.

Fortune favours the bold. A good expression. Trampling all with one's own personal strength. That's the proper way. But even I know that the blind will walk to their death.

My knowledge of this place is a bit too lacking at the moment and merely having good situational awareness may not be enough. Perhaps it's worth looking through the Cardinal clan's records and my own memories again.

Hah, there really was a lot that happened today. The boars and the Amoeba aside, I also got to see some of the qi techniques of this world. Although it's certainly different from the use of mana where I come from, it has its similarities. Nevertheless, seeing Adam and Marcus using their qi techniques was a good indicator for the strength of people in this world in the realm of qi expansion.

Of course, they are both meant to be above average cultivators, Marcus falling much closer to the average line than Adam, but it was still a good indicator nonetheless. It's just a pity I didn't get to see a greater variety of techniques. They talked about form change, something that was actually relevant to increasing ones understanding of this energy, yet I only got to see a small example of this.

If there is anything I can take away from what I saw of them though, it's that be it power or the quantity of their qi, they were both far superior to those two iron fist sect disciples I saw when I was travelling with Rowan.

I suppose that's the gap created from the difference between early level qi expansion and mid-level. I do keep hearing that that is one of the major gaps for cultivators and the first true and significant jump a person experiences is combat potential.

Supposedly, a peak level body strengthening expert can challenge cultivators up to the 3rd level of qi expansion and still have a chance of winning in single combat, but against a 4th, mid-level qi expansionist, barring some ridiculously extreme and improbable circumstances, they have no chance.

I guess that means that qi techniques only really start to show their full metal in the mid-levels of qi expansion.

Hah, I could really do with something to eat right now]

Reflecting on all that had happened during the day, Tom lost himself in thought, time passing by unawares until he was finally brought to by the voices of his comrades.

"Whew, there it is" said Lance, looking at the town of Acorn that had come into view.

"Almost back now"

"Yeah, I can't wait for a good drink and a good rest. Riding this horse has been killing my backside" said Pike beside him, his voice easily heard by everyone despite the sound of the wagon roaring along behind them and the horses hoof beats stampeding along the ground beneath them.

"We'll have to sort all this stuff out first though" said Adam, flicking his head towards the items on the wagon.

"Yeah, but after that, I'm going to the pub" replied Pike.

"Hahaha, perhaps I'll join you" laughed Adam.

"Coming up on the forest road now, it's time to slow down and turn" called out Harrison on the wagon.

Moving along the grassy plains at the edge of the forest, Tom and the others had been making their way back to Acorn at high speed and now, they were finally approaching the forest road that led from the town into the forest. Because of this, and because of the many cultivators that traversed this path, it became necessary for the wagon to turn onto it and towards Acorn's west gate, as well as slowdown from the gallop they were currently barrelling along at.