Chapter 54 - Red Skinned Boars (3)

The boar stood no chance. In that situation, even if Adam was only using his strength of peak body strengthening, he still would have won that encounter. Well, he only would have stunned the beast and would have had to move to avoid injury, but, he would still be the one to come out of it with the advantage. This was because the Red Skinned Boar was a qi beast that relied on its greater physical strength and didn't actually have a particularly strong defence.

This meant that so long as someone avoided their direct charge, they would have a high chance of survival and of being able to take the beast down themselves, even if their strength was weaker. It was actually one of the reasons why Adam had suggested to Tom that he try and independently take one on.

"You see that?" Adam asked Tom.

"Yes"

"What do you think?" Adam asked, before realising that the other boar was still charging at Tom and that this wasn't exactly the best time or place to have a conversation.

"Never mind, I'll move out of the way. Do your best" he said as he moved back several meters and put a bit more distance between himself and Tom.

[Hmm, I wonder what your plan is. You sounded awfully confident in being able to take it down. I guess you must have something worked out] thought Adam.

He was curious as to what Tom was planning to do. After all, Tom was only at the 6th level of body strengthening and his strength was far below that of the Red Skinned Boar, which had strength just below a peak body strengthening expert.

Adam didn't have to wait long to see what Tom was planning to do, however, he was surprised by it. This was because while he was standing there, Tom still hadn't drawn his sword. Instead, he took the dagger attached to the right side of his waist and flicked it up into a throwing position.

In his current situation, there were two main ways that a cultivator would usually take on a Red Skinned Boar charging at them. The first, if they were stronger than the boar, would be to take it on directly, as Adam had done. The second, however, was to dodge its frontal charges and then start inflicting wounds, as big as possible, on its side and back before it could turn around and charge again. Doing this, those that were lucky would be able to inflict serious injuries on the beast and fell it relatively quickly without much danger to one's self.

Tom, however, had chosen neither of these two options. He had decided on a completely different approach, one that followed the principle of targeting the opponent's weak spots.

[The skull of the Red Skinned Boar is one of the hardest parts of its body and provides it the most defence] thought Tom, while thinking over the information he had read on this species in the Cardinal clan's records.

[Even if that defence isn't very strong, pitifully weak in fact, with my current strength, I won't be able to cut through it. At most, by targeting its head, I'd only be able to inflict superficial wounds that won't kill it. However, as with most animals; its greatest weak spot is on its head. Hah! Your skull can be as hard as diamond but it won't matter if you get a knife through the eye]

Thinking this, Tom threw his dagger towards the oncoming boar, aiming at its eye and confident of his success. By throwing his dagger into its eye, the blade point would penetrate into the beast's brain and quickly end its life.

[I see] thought an impressed Adam, who was looking on from the side and had seen through Tom's plan.

[That's certainly one way to approach it. Throwing techniques have been utilised by warriors throughout all of history in order to take down powerful beasts and besides body strengthening cultivators, this is something which is continued throughout the cultivation realms. After all, what are many of the external qi martial skills, that qi expansionists and above use, if not just advanced forms of such a thing.