Chapter 60 - End Of The Hunt

Exiting the forest and coming into the full, unobstructed, light of the sun, which had yet to descend below the horizon, Tom stared out at the vast plain of grass in front of him.

"Hah, finally out. Now we can really pick up the pace" said Adam, stopping on the grassy plain.

"Yeah, we made good time for what we did. Should make it back for tea" said Marcus.

"Ok then. Harrison, we're going to speed up now. It's all plains from here on out so just go as fast as you can" said Adam to Harrison, who was driving the wagon.

"No problem" he replied and with two clicks from his mouth and an 'aye up', he encouraged the horses to move forward again, wagon in tow. They did so slowly at first, however, they soon started picking up speed and what started as a walk, developed into a trot and then again into a gallop, the wagon thundering along behind. Thankfully, not only was the land before them flat, but, it was also a dry day so there was little difficulty in traversing it at high speed.

Tom and the others quickly spurred on their own horses and followed behind with a speed far eclipsing anything they had done while in the forest, their horses breaking into gallops too. However, even though the horses were running at a gallop, it was still a slow gallop. After all, the horses pulling the wagon could only go so fast with the weight they were lugging behind them and the others had to match the wagon's speed in order to protect the spoils of their hunt. Plus, abandoning Harrison to lead the wagon back while they rode ahead would be unkind to say the least.

Moving forward at high speed, his horse galloping beneath him, Tom felt the wind blowing on his face and through his hair, the warm evening sun giving him a sense of comfort.

In this moment of quiet and calm, he couldn't help but reflect on the events of the day.

[Hmm, there was a fair amount that happened today. I guess it all really started with those Red Skinned Boars.

Yes. They were nothing if not a good indicator of my current level of strength. There are lessons to be learned from that encounter.

I've clearly been ignoring my martial practice too much. What I need more than anything is to advance my cultivation and advance my understanding of qi, however, to advance quickly, I'll also need the support of resources.

What's more, the further along on the path of cultivation I go, the harder it'll be and the longer it'll take. I'll need more and more resources and resources of higher quality to help speed up my progress.

Undoubtedly, in order to meet my needs, I'll have to procure a fair amount of these resources myself. In order to do that though, a certain amount of requisite strength will be required. I'll need to be strong, strong enough to continually challenge more powerful opponents and the basic increase in strength I'll have from increasing my cultivation won't be enough for this.

Yes. I should make sure that I become adept in some martial techniques to ensure this and no longer ignore the art of fighting so much.

Hmm, and another thing, that strange Amoeba beast. Beneath me though it may be, it truly was odd. I know I by no means know of all the different types of life in the cosmos and even less know the specifics of the different races that I do, but, it was surprising to see something so soon that I had no knowledge of.

I wonder what other oddities there are on this world? Perhaps there will be many more surprises? Or maybe none at all.

There might even be some incredibly dangerous beings I've never heard of before. That'll be interesting to say the least. I wonder if any will dare to challenge me?