Chapter 4 - feelings and ... nothingness

-you, Lottie and Kiera have been with the ninja for weeks now, finally getting the grip of everything happening. -

"Cole!!!" You scream as you see Cole eating your precious cake! "I'm gonna kill you!!!" You scream and run after him down the hallways.

After a long time of running you lose him and decide to pay him back for what he did. You walk into his room, make sure no one is looking and there's no camera and use your telepathic ability (from your mother) to destroy his room. You smirk as the stuff fly into the air on your command and crash down. You have only recently learnt of that power and you plan to keep it secret. No one can know, well... Only Lottie and Kiera know.

"Y/N!! What did you do?" Cole growls at you and you smile sweetly.

"Nothing, brother, it was already like this. I saw green and red when I came in but..." Cole screams for Kai and Lloyd and you smile at his idiocy.

As you walk out of his room, strong arms grab you and drag you into the room. You kick and punch but turn round to see.....

"Kai?" He shushes you and looks out his door and then locks it. You sit down on his bed, bored.

"Y/n, did you tell Cole that me and Lloyd did something to him." He carefully and slowly speaks softly.

"Why would I do that?" You ask sweetly and Kai huffs and you start laughing.

---TRIGGER WARNING---

As you laugh your sleeve on your right arm rolls down revealing small straight lines scarring your wrists. You quickly roll the sleeve back up but Kai already noticed and is looking at you shocked.

"Y/n. What-why-how- y/n why?" He sounds like a child and very cute- wait what are you thinking? Kai is cute but- stop it y/n!

"Err it's nothing." You response a bit hesitantly. Kai grabs your arms and forces the sleeves up, his eyes flare and it scares you at how angry he looks.

"Why would you do that!?!" He shouts in your face. Rage laces his words and his grip on your wrist tightens.

"Let go! It's nothing to do with you!" You shout back but it doesn't really give the effect you were hoping it too.

"COLE!" Kai shouts, sliding so adult like. You scream no at him and try to run away but he grabs your right arm,sleeve still up, with his other arm around your waist stopping you from getting away.

"Kai what do you- y/n?" Cole bursts through the door, Nya, PIXAL , Lottie and Lloyd behind him.

"I said Cole not you lot." Kai growls and Nya backs them all out of the door. Cole walks towards and his eyes flash with anger, sadness and pity all at the same time when he sees you.

"Why?" He asks you but you shake your head and resume trying to get away from Kai.

"Why do you any of you fucking care?! JUST BACK OFF!" You scream at them both, you turn out of Kai's grip and run for it. You run and run and run. You don't even know where. You just hope they don't follow.

Your past is too dark for them to know. They can't know. They just can't.

Why does Kai care?

Kai's POV:
How could she? Why would she? I wish I knew. I wish she would trust me enough to tell me. She means more to me than she thinks...

So why should she be like me...