Chapter 3

[Status: edited]

...

" Not so fast! I activate my trap.. " , you yelled with all your might, countering his attack.

The duel ends in a draw.

Pheww.. That was close.

Chazz is visibly annoyed and almost stunned by what just happened.

" This isn't fair! You were lucky, newbie! You will never be able to beat me..! " , he screams, sounding like he's trying to convince himself rather than you. "But don't worry, I'll get you eventually. " , he continues, trying to make the words sound as derogative as possible.

You take a few steps to the front and say: " It was a great duel. "

" Save it. " , you hear his response and short after he slowly dissapears, blending in with the crowd surrounding you.

Rude much?

Alexis comes up to you.

" What's up with that guy? ", you ask.

She sighs. " Chazz will always be.. well - Chazz. Forget that. Let's go back inside or- "

You interrupt her. " Alexis, I'm sorry but i really want to go to my room right now. I think this was more than enough for me. "

" It's okay. " , she smiles.

" I had a lot of fun, thanks for everything. "

I really did.. but now it's time to go.

" Glad to hear that. " , you hear her say.

You hug her, and head straight to the girls' dorm entrance. After you couldn't see your friend anymore (you assumed she got inside), you turn the other way and start walking towards the coast.

I don't feel okay about lying to her, but I really need some time alone.

You stand at the docs, looking at the beautiful sea in the moonlight..

Everything seems so.. peaceful. Well, I had a tiring day, it's time for some real fun.

And just like that - you jump into the water. You feel shivers travel through your body as it touches your skin and uniform.

It's a little colder than I expected, but it's fine.

You dive in to the bottom, and look up at the sky from beneath as you slowly reach the surface.

Just like I though, this is exactly what I needed. The feel's fantastic, I don't remember the last time I was this relaxed..

You were enjoying yourself for quite some time. But soon your fun stops, and something terrible happens out of nowhere - your leg stops moving, and you sense sharp pain.

A muscle spasm! What am I going to do now...??

You try to swim back to the coast but you're unable to because your leg refuses to move and it's too far. You try to stay positive about the situation, but soon enough you start panicking.

Am I going to die?

" Helppp! Help me pleasee, anybody helpp! " , the words come out of your mouth.

Silence. No response, no anything. The only thing that could be heard was your own screeching in agony and fear.

The weight of your body and the pain finally overcome your strength; you start drowning, sinking into the sea just like your hope and chances of getting out of this.