Chapter 8

[Status: unedited]

You were in your room, fixing your hair before you head out to class. Just another typical day in a student's life.

The whole ' Atticus and you dating ' thing has cooled down. It's been a while since then. A lot has happened.

Looking at the your own reflection in the mirror made you frown. The cute hairstyle from tumblr you were attempting to make turned out as a complete fail.

Ugh, I don't really like this when I think about it a bit more. Seriously, I can't go outside looking like this.

Damn, all that work for nothing.

Sighing, you scratched the back of your head. Your beautiful hair was well, not exactly beautiful at the moment, so you couldn't just let it loose. You didn't know what to do and you were running out of time.

Maybe.. a simple bun?

Yeah, that should do it.

Once again, you glanced over your reflection. But this time, you (thank goodness!) looked presentable.

A wave of panic struck you as you thought of the time.

Am I running late?

You grabbed your phone to check it. You breathed out, relieved that you had no reason to worry.

Thank god, I wouldn't be able to put up with Crowler's crap today.

..
You walked through the corridors silently. There was basically no one around, and you couldn't help but wonder why.

Is there something going on and I'm not informed?

It felt weird not to be greeted with obnoxious loud chatting, and someone clinging to your arms. But boy, you wouldn't complain if it were like this from time to time.

Or maybe I really am running late and my phone is messed up?

You frowned at the possibility.

No, I would still be able to hear teachers' voices coming from the classrooms, but it's too quiet: it almost seems as if no one is even in the building itself.

You smirked in victory. Not today, Crowler.

It was then when you caught a glimpse of azure hair at the corner.

" Zane, is that you? "

You ran towards the said person. It was indeed, the elder Truesdale.

Maybe he knows what's going on?

" Hey (Y/N). " , he greeted with a half smile.

" Hey. Do you by any chance, happen to know what's going on? " , you asked.

" You mean, why aren't there any students or teachers in the halls and why are the classrooms empty? I have no idea. " , he replied calmly.

" Hmm, something seems fishy. "

" Fishy? " , he raised an eyebrow.

" Well yeah, as in suspicious, ya know? " , you laughed as you lightly hit him in the chest.

As you approached the main entrance, the buzz seemed to become louder and louder. Looking through the window, you could make out a large crowd of all students (including Obelisks, Raas and Slifers) gathered around something. Sighing, you reached for the door.

Peace and quietness, it was nice knowing you.

The two of you made your way outside. It didn't take you long to find your gang; among all the students Jaden was the loudest. It was almost as if he was the polar opposite of you.

How am I even related to him?

" Hey there, (Y/N) and Zane. ", Alexis smiled sweetly at her friends.

" Hi. " , you responded while your male companion just nodded his head.

You exchanged 'hellos' with the rest of the group, and as you did so, you took note that a particular person was missing.

" Where is Atticus? "

Chazz couldn't hold back a scowl as he heard the name.

" I saw him with some friends a couple of minutes ago. " , the ravenette answered reluctantly.

What's his problem?

" Um, thanks for the info. And do you guys know why exactly are we here instead of listening to some lectures or something? "

" Banner said that there is some important announcement they needed to make. " , Jaden exclaimed, joining the gang.

Important announcement? That sounds interesting.

You thoughts were cut off by a loud screeching noise of the microphone. Wait, a microphone??

" HELLO DUEL ACADEMY! ", a oh-so-familiar voice yelled. " TODAY, WE ARE ALL GATHERED HERE TO TELL YOU ALL TH- "

And just like that the annoying blonde  teacher was pushed of the stage, managing to fall directly on the face. You didn't wince on the outside, but you were laughing your insides out.

HAHAHAHAHA! THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR BEING A JERK!

While you managed to keep on your calm exterior, Jaden on the other hand was rolling on the ground.

" He sure didn't see that coming. " , Syrus said before bursting into laughter as well.

" AHEM. " , Chancellor Sheppard coughed, gaining the attention again. " THANK YOU. WE ARE HERE TODAY TO TELL YOU THAT WE'RE HAVING A SCHOOL TOURNAMENT. IT IS GOING TO TAKE PLACE TOMORROW AND TO GIVE YOU TIME TO PREPARE,  EVERYONE IS FREE OF ANY CLASSES TODAY. FOR ANY ADDITIONAL INFO, YOU CAN ASK THE OTHER STAFF. YOU ARE FREE TO GO NOW. "

A tournament they say? Hell, I'm in!

Looking over at your brother and friends, you saw determined looks on their faces.

It seems that I'll have tough competition this time.

But either way, I'm planning to win.

A/N:

Sorry for a very short chapter! But after seeing your comments I just felt the need to update no matter what, and this is all I could come up with. I'm still working on the plot in my head so the next chapter might or might not be a filler one.

Have an awesome day!

Btw a random pic of Jaden on the cover. Isn't he an adorable little ball of sunshine?? ^o^

Hope (: