Seeing The Past And Future

The plane landed in New York at 12:00 in the morning. I was asleep on Ben's shoulder and his head was on top of mine. I don't know how we ended up in this position, but we did. It took two flight attendants to wake both of us up. 

"Miss, we have landed in New York. Please exit the way that you came in." The blonde haired flight attendant told me. I grabbed my bags and walked out of the plane with Ben. We were welcomed by a lot of lights shining from buildings. It was so beautiful and I knew that Ben felt the same way because his eyes grew really wide when he walked out behind me. 

"I miss this." I said with happiness in my voice.  Ben looked at me and grabbed my hand. We got to the front of the airport and found a lot of taxis. People were beating us to every single one. None of the taxis stopped for us and all the "New Yorkers" took all the open taxis by the streets. "But I really don't miss this."

He made fun of me by making faces at me. They were cute, but I wasn't in the mood. Those taxi drivers really made me mad. I just want to get to our hotel and sleep because it is now 2:00 in the morning. 

It started getting really cold and Ben gave me his jacket, but it didn't help much. The sky was pitch black and the stars were nowhere to be seen. The only light was the lights from the buildings. My breath was like a fog and was very thick. I started coughing and Kyle looked at me with a worried face.

"You okay?" No I'm perfectly fine. I'm just coughing up my lungs over here. "Yeah I'm okay. But we need to find our hotel." He looked at me cautiously and started laughing. "What are you laughing at?"

"We aren't staying in a hotel." What!?! No way in heck am I staying the night in a cold, dark, stupid place without staying in a hotel. "Please tell me you're joking." He shook his head in reply.  Dang it!

He walked me down the dark narrow streets while holding my clammy hands. Then he stopped in front of a building. I couldn't see it because it was so dark, but I saw a poster in front of it.

 I couldn't see it because it was so dark, but I saw a poster in front of it

 "Oh my God." I held my hands to my face in shock. Ben picked me up and twirled me in the air. His hands were tight around my waist and his feet held firmly to the ground. He set me down and whispered in my ear, "Welcome to our hotel."

"We're staying the night here?" He nodded his head. My ballet academy, oh how I missed it.  I miss the way the floor felt on my feet as I flew in the air. I miss the feeling of being as free as a bird. I miss dancing.

Then I began to think about all my years of dancing and how much effort I put in. How much effort Mom put in. Mom... Oh no, I let you down. I stopped dancing and put your name in vain. You would be so disappointed in me.  Mom... I'm so... sorry!

Next thing I know, I'm on the ground crying in front of Kyle. My hands are shaking widely and my heart is beating rapidly. I can't handle this without her. I need my mother. "I want her back!" I screamed this at the top of my lungs. 

Ben rushed over to me and held me for a while, but it didn't help as much as I wanted it too. I cried so hard that I fell asleep in his arms. He carried me inside the building. I felt so embarrassed and upset that I wished we never came back.