My Worst Fear, School

I woke up to an old voice of a nurse. She looked like the granny everyone imagined. Her hair was like snow and her eyes were bright blue. For some reason I found her creepy. "Good morning Leigha."

"Why am I here again?" She looked at me with pity in her eyes. "When you were in the car crash you broke your leg. And you had a traumatic experience and it seems that you keep having nightmares about it." I nodded in agreement. She was right except for the fact that I had this dream when I was awake.

"You collapsed from seeing this dream while you were at church, didn't you?" I nodded. Maybe I was going mental. Oh no, please don't put me in the hospital with the crazies. "Your dad is downstairs waiting for you. And I recommend to try to have less stress by doing less activities, such as dancing. It might help with the dreams."

After I left the hospital, again, Dad took me to the library. He said that reading has always helped me calm down and that I should try to read more during the next few weeks. He dropped me off in front of the library and said to call him when I needed a lift home.

I walked in and went to the fiction section. If you ever went to the Conner library before, you might've seen a few couples making out in some of the book sections. It's so gross, I mean who does that in public? I went to one of the fiction sections that no one was in, cause I mean I don't want to rudely interrupt someone's make out session.

The books I usually read are very long and full of action. I don't like short books with nothing entertaining in them. I picked out a few books and sat on the floor with my back against the bookshelf. I started reading one of the books when someone pulled it out of my hand. "Cross My Heart by James Patterson, really you're reading this?" Man, it was Ben again. When will he ever leave me alone?

"Yeah, so what. I like James Patterson." He laughed. Why the heck is he laughing? Then he stopped laughing and stared at me, again. "Will you stop that!" I yelled, everybody looked at me and held their index fingers to their lips. Okay, I'll be quiet. "How you doing?" He was worried about me, but why?

"I'm fine, thanks for asking." Ben moved my crutches to the side so he could sit beside me. He handed me my book back and watched me as I took it from his hands. "Did you think about what I said Sunday?" I ignored him as I begun to read again. He got up and grabbed my hands and helped me stand without my crutches. "What are you doing?" He smiled at me and let go of my hands. I tried to balance but then fell on him.

He helped me balance myself and grabbed my hands again. "Follow me." We started walking as he held my right hand. He took me to the movie section of the library. I stared at him in confusion. "Why did you bring me here?" He let go of my hand and walked towards some of the movies at the end of the section. "Pick one. I know how much you like to watch these kind of movies." I couldn't walk without my crutches, but I took a step anyway. But no matter how much balance I had, I fell to the floor.

Ben ran towards me and helped me up again. "Why are you being so nice to me?" He paused in his place. He put his head in his hands. "Because I know what it's like to lose someone. And I want to show you how you can fight through it." I was full of anger when he said that. He doesn't know what it's like! I lost my mother, not my dog you stupid idiot.

He grabbed my hands and rubbed them back and forth. I sort of liked it, but I wanted to pull away. His blue eyes calmed me down. I started to remember what he was like in writing class before I went to my dance academy. He used to write poetry and songs on his own. He told me that he felt as though he was given a gift. Ben was my friend back then, but when I left him, he seemed to not be there anymore. I missed him.

I hugged him and put my head against his chest. I could feel his heart beating rapidly. "I'm sorry Ben. I'm sorry that I left you." He didn't reply. He just held me with both of his arms. For a moment I forgot about all the chaos I had been through. It melted away as I kept my head against him. Then as if the devil could sense me being happy, I saw my mom again. I pulled away from Ben and tried to walk back to get my crutches. Then Ben grabbed my hand and pulled me back.