Chapter 22

Mark came in wearing his casual clothes, black faded jeans, a blue v-neck shirt, a pair of converses and a black beanie that covered most of his hair along with wide sunglasses that hid half of his face. But then I saw his smile, that smile that gave me hope and guided me through the tough times. I ran, I ran toward his opened arms that held me well, that whispered through my skin that everything was going to be okay.

Mark kept stroking my hair gently with one hand and held me with the other before we both pulled away. "You're here!?" I said, almost in disbelief. "Yes roses, and I'm so sorry for what my f**king stupid best- friend or what that guy did," he replied his voice cracking in the end. He started choking on his own words "I'm- I'm sorry. I- I-I didn't- know." My heart aced to see him like that so I just hugged him again and whispered softly "it's not your fault, and it never will be." He tried to debate but I just swung my head in a "no" at him and took him to the living room where Brody was waiting.

Mark and Brody shook hands and sat down, they seemed like they knew each other though I fully knew that they don't. The two of them were from different worlds yet there was one thing bonding them together and that one thing was me.

Mark took off his sunglasses and his beanie and started the conversation "Suzen, I didn't come here to defend Luke or talk about what happened but I'll just tell you that I will never forgive him for what he did. He might have been not just my best friend but also my brother and the closest person to me, but that doesn't make me ever forgive him for what he did to you. And about the engagement thing, no one knew about it until you did." He then took a deep breath before getting into our main purpose "I've fully prepared for you a private jet that will take you to Earth, and a full fighting crew that will be just one call away."

 "So it's true?! My dad is in Earth?! That he has been imprisoned there all from the beginning. That Luke knew all about it and never even bothered himself to tell he was alive. That he saw me struggling without him and kept quiet." I stated, my eyes wide and my head hung low between my hands. It was hard to believe that, hard to believe what I just said myself, no it was hard to breath. The air caught up in my throat and oxygen stopped flying to my lungs. He tricked me, lied to me, used me and betrayed me.

I slowly raised my head and began to breath again before slowly averting my eyes to look at Mark. His face was expressionless, he was just like me, shocked and betrayed. He who thought himself as Luke's brother was more like nothing more than a friend. And I was sure it hurt him like hell.

Mark stood up and so did Brody and I, before following him to the exit. We all knew he couldn't stay any longer so I didn't ask him to and he didn't offer it. We both just hugged, and when I say we hugged I mean we spoke through our senses, it might seem crazy but it was true "be safe, take care, come back immediately if something goes wrong. I'm sorry, I'll always be with you. Everything is going to be okay."

We broke from our hug, then he shook hands with Brody and murmured something to him that I couldn't hear, before walking toward the stairs. "There's only one thing that I'm sure Luke never lied about,"Mark cleared out , a slight, sad smile on his lips, "every time he said he loved you it was true, and anyone could've seen it in his eyes." And with that he left us. Left me fighting with my own thoughts and left Brody fighting for me. 

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys 😋How are you? Wait! Don't skip this!

Look, I know that I haven't spoken to you since the beginning of the book but I'm now, so what do you think, better late than not at all?! Okay, I'm sorry. I'm just too lazy you know and you can pretty much notice that from my updates. Anyway, I would like to thank you all for keeping up with me until this chapter and to tell you that you guys are amazing and that I love you so much.( group hug!!) ❤️❤️

Have a nice day /night !! Love you so much 💖💖

One last thing: don't forget to vote, comment and tell me what you think because that means a lot to me and if you're one of those who like making covers (which I happen to love), then just make it and send to me and we'll see what will happen next 😉

Again (love you, my awesome readers 😍❤️)