Chapter 2

"Cinderella!!" My stepmother shouted as she entered the kitchen. I put the dish I was holding in my hand at the table before looking at her .
"What?" I asked in confusion,not really getting why she did call me that .
"You're the slowest creature I've ever seen ! Don't you know that you've still got some laundry to wash . Some clothes to iron . And some essays to write . " she exclaimed in disbelief. Though the only thing that was unbelievable to me was how she wanted me to finish cleaning the whole house alone in three hours .

" Oh and by the way Samantha and Miles want to eat some cake so you better bake one before evening. " she finished . Miles is my second stepbrother , he is one year older than Samantha which makes him eight years old . He is the most messy , disgusting human my eyes have ever seen . Not to mention the huge amount of food he eats all day . He is like a refrigerator , you can put whatever food in it and it will never say no.

"But I've baked them cake yesterday!" I argued .
"And they need more , got a problem with that ?! Cinderella " she said with an undertone warning ,one brow rising and eyes showing nothing other than cruelty.
"Why are you calling me Cinderella ?" I replied with a question trying to avoid her question knowing I can't say no to anything she orders or else I'll become homeless.
"It's your new nickname. You'll get used to it " she replied, her lips faking a smile .

Cinderella do that !! Cinderella do this !! My patience was already running out . To hate something so badly after loving it so much wasn't something that I had in me but this story , this Cinderella story made it hard for me not hate it . If this stupid story gets in my hands for once it would be shredded into teeny tiny papers before being burned and thrown in the sea . Why do I hate it so much ? Because it was one of the reasons I have been tortured in my life .

The Cinderella story wasn't known in our planet until some Earth guy brought it with him here . The Earth guy shared this story with the citizens of Exia resolving in it being one of the top ,most ,amazing stories in Jwana. And since dad loved books and stories , he bought a copy of it and read it to me when I was a little kid . But when dad suddenly disappeared leaving me with these bunch of bullies . My stepmother used the book against me since she made me do all the work that Cinderella did back in the story .

To make her look more unpleasant, we had robots for cleaning and doing all the washing , ironing and mopping but still she used to make me do them .

"SUZEN !!" She shouted , her voice in its fully high pitch. I immediately snapped out of my thoughts before quickly following her sharp call , that's when I found her clutching her blue more like red dress between her arms. Oh shit !! I washed that fancy , long , red dress of hers with the blue clothes .

"I'm so sorry , I didn't mean -" I promptly stopped talking once she raised her head and looked me in the eyes . There were thunderstorms , clouds and hurricanes storming in her eyes . She looked like a dragon ready to fire . Oh no ! God please make it look smoother than it seems . Please God !!

With her voice loudly echoing in the room , she spoke harshly " apologizing doesn't work with me you brat!!" . My body froze in front of her , no words coming out , not a single twitch , just a statue in the average of tears. I absolutely abhorred it when people yell at me .

"Is this your type of revenge? To ruin my favorite dress?! Huh? " she spoke her voice stabbing me with knives in the heart. Revenge? I've never thought about taking my revenge from her . And even if I wanted to I would've done it long time ago .

"I- I swear I didn't -" I stuttered before she cut me " didn't your bloody mother or your stupid father teach you manners ?! Didn't they teach you that lying is forbidden in this house?! Didn't they teach you not to mess with people's stuff ?!!!" .

Bloody mother ! Stupid father ! How could she ??!! .She can curse me as much as she wants but I'll never allow her to curse my mom or my dad .She had dug way too far and she has now successfully surpassed the red line . Which can only mean one thing , the eruption of my avoided feelings.

I stood silent , letting her words sink in more deeply until they've reached the core . "SHUT UP !! " I screamed at the top of my lungs . She flinched and I can sense that she was startled by what I've just said . I've never screamed at her face or even cursed , I always obeyed her . But that's enough . I've had enough of her and how badly she treated me .

"How dare-" she began to speak but I cut her "DIDNT I TELL YOU TO SHUT YOUR MOUTH ??!! YOU CAN CURSE ME AS MUCH AS YOU WANT BUT DONT YOU EVER MENTION MY PARENTS USING THAT DIRTY MOUTH OF YOURS!! " . I closed my eyes merely for a second as to give my self some courage . " I'VE BEEN DOING MY BEST TO PLEASE YOU FOR THE PAST 3 YEARS THINKING THAT ONE DAY , JUST ONE DAY YOU WOULD REALIZE HOW MUCH I CARED ABOUT THE WAY YOU THINK OF ME !! THINKING THAT ONE DAY YOU WOULD TREAT ME AS YOUR OWN DAUGHTER!!" I continued spilling out all the anger inside me .

" BUT THAT DAY NEVER CAME . INSTEAD YOU KEPT BULLYING ME AND ORDERING ME AROUND LIKE A TOY !! YOU KNOW WHAT ?! I HATE YOU !! I HATE YOU SO MUCH THAT I WANT YOU TO DIE !!" Saying these words , these thoughts that have been revolving in my head since long time ago made me feel better and worse and at the same time . Better because she deserved being yelled at and because I finally feel relieved after expelling all the feelings that I've been securing inside me . Worse because I knew this wasn't going to end in a good way .

Her eyes darkened , like a pitch black forest and something inside me told me that this will be the end .

With a calm yet angry , mad voice she spoke " take your stuff and leave this house immediately! You're no longer going to live here . I don't care in what garbage you will be sleeping in but don't you ever show me your face again . Never AG-AIN " .

" I'm sorry but you will have to see me again once I come back with my father , which is once you'll be leaving this house " I spoke , my voice so confident , and my lips in a full smile .

I instantly spun around , ready to walk out of the room , that's when I saw all my step siblings ,Josh , Samantha and Miles all standing in a dumbfounded position before me . Confusion was drawn lucidly all over their faces . It's probably because of the way they heard me talk . I don't really give a damn about what they think coz they pretty much don't give a damn about me either.

I pushed my way through them , slightly nudging my shoulder with Josh's shoulder as I passed . I dashed to my room and slammed the door close behind me.

Eyeing my room from its colorful walls , queen sized ,pink bed , full filled dresser , to it's neat bookshelves I took the miniature device out from my pocket and shot it at my furniture and luggage. They all shrank to small pieces that I placed safely inside my backpack.

I dashed back again down the stairs to the main door before easing the door open and walking outside .

Once I was outside , I felt the cold breeze brush against my skin . The moon lightning out the way . And the stars shinning brightly in the night , dark sky . I kept walking until I was a few meters away from my house . The road seemed so elongated as I walked or so I imagined .

I didn't know from where did I get this confidence to express how I felt or even to leave the way I did , everything happened so quickly that I've just realized what I did . Slap !! Oops !! The harsh , brutal reality slapped me in the face . My heart ached painfully, and my mind couldn't stop replaying the events that happened today . I don't know why did all this happen to me . Is it a test from God that he wants me to pass? Or is it life toying with me around ? Either way , it all happened and I can't go back now . The only way I can survive now is to to move on and find my dad .

While I was swallowed in my own thoughts I realized something. Something very important. My feet were walking on there own that I didn't notice where I was going . I stopped and looked around me , my mind having no idea where I was .

I was lost .