Chapter 21

SHOOT!!! My eyes were shut at the sound of the bullet. I screamed loudly as some liquid splashed on my face and my neck. It was probably my blood which means I was dead. But there was still some noise, I couldn't have reached heaven, have I?!

I slowly opened my eyes to see my hands and clothes in full red. I looked around and saw all the men laying on the ground with blood covering them. Were they dead? But who could've killed them?

"Suzen!!" You okay??" I heard a guy call, and it wasn't just any guy. Brody was here. Brody came to save me. He was rescuing me.

He didn't waist anytime and immediately untied me before dragging me to the nearest exist or what I recognized as a newly- crashed- made one.
We climbed out of the building into a helicopter that was emerging out of the place in on time.

The ride to what seemed to me like a forest was about 15 minutes. Fifteen minutes of complete silence.

The helicopter landed and we both made our way out before it took off leaving us alone in that place. Brody clutched my hand and lead me to a cave which we kept walking in until we reached some stairs that lead us to an underground apartment. He flicked on the lights and the whole place lightened up revealing glass cupboards that were stocked with guns of all sizes and bullets of all kinds. It looked like the whole place was used to fund for war.

Body began to move forward but stopped when I didn't follow. I felt my legs get rooted in the ground and my brain went blank. "Suzen?" I heard Brody call, his voice seeming fifty miles away instead of fifty inches. I looked at my clothes and saw the blood that was covering me up. I was fine. Was I? Was I really fine? Breathing became hard for me as if something was squeezing the air out of my lungs. I tried my best to regain my power but it was futile. And I just realized what happened.

I let out a sigh that I didn't know I was keeping before my tears caught on my cheeks. I was crying and I didn't think I was ever going to stop. I felt myself being slapped a hundred times. And I couldn't keep it in, I screamed "WHY???" Brody rushed to me and engulfed me in his arms, he tried to share my pain, to comfort me but I just cried a hundred times more.

The pain in my chest killed me so I kept crying for a long time. My tears dried up and I opened my eyes to find out that Brody was still hugging me with one arm and caressing my hair with the other one. He was whispering to me something that I wish I would've understood, but between my weeping and my sniffing it was too hard to concentrate.

*******************

The second day came and I realized that the blood on my clothes was the blood of the guy who tried to kill me and got a bullet in his chest, and that all my stuff or what was left of them were transferred to this place after what happened yesterday. I also understood from Brody that we can't go back to his apartment because when the men kidnapped me, they destroyed almost everything, plus it was being under their watch in case I ever returned. He as well told me that this place was for the Power Up center that they would only use in emergencies.

My mind though couldn't come to an ease until Brody told me that Mark was going to come, and that there was a plan to get my father back.

Brody took his time in the first week to teach me how to shoot and aim. Which allowed Mark to take his time until arriving.