The Memory of Screams

Stiles was shoved into a jail but he stiffened once he saw what was inside and he remembered.

The sorcerous of the Core Mind saw his expression and one of them sneered "The Lord said you'd be familiar with this cell, make you feel right at home"

Stiles let loose a snarl, his body trembling with rage.

"You-" He started to growl but they slammed the door on him before he could say anything.

Everything stopped, the silence was cutting into him.

Stiles couldn't breathe as he looked around.

He was here...

This...

This was the cell he had lived in for six months when he'd been human.

When Fritz had tortured him.

He could hear his own screams still... As if they had been stuck on to the walls, waiting for him to return.

Stiles could still hear her laugh as well. Her cackling as she whipped him, promising him it was for his own good.

No Stiles thought, he didn't regret what he had done. Just then he also decided he'd never allow himself to regret that decision.

It didn't matter her plans hadn't been as sinister as Roseleta's.

She had still killed that child and tortured him, tortured many people.

She deserved what she got.

Now thanks to Fritz Stiles thought, this basement, this room, this cell would probably haunt him for the rest oh his life.

As would her face as he shoved his fist through her and made sure she was pulled into the mirrors.

But his own screams and crying where still loud in his ears. Almost to loud.

Stiles tried to block it out.

But he couldn't, he couldn't.

The panic was a strangers greeting. With a slight shock he realised two things. One, that he hadn't had a proper panic attack since he had become a sorcerer and two?

Two, this was a panic attack.

It felt like someone had grabbed his chest and was squeezing. Squeezing until he did not have any breath left to give.

His head swam.

Stiles only was half aware that he had fallen on to all fours. His chest heaving. Trying to get a proper deep breath out that would not come, instead his breathing was to fast to actually just breathe.

It was suffocating.

He was suffocating.

They were screaming.

He was screaming. Those where his screams. Stiles felt like he was lost in between reality and hid own mind.

He wasn't sure if he was screaming, right now or his memory of all that agony for months was coming to the surface, triggered by this room.

Screaming.

Screaming!

Screaming!

"Mieczyslaw!"

"Mieczyslaw, breathe"

That's what he was trying to do!

He didn't know who was there, all he could focus on was the screaming, screams of agony.

There where some angry words outside, that he could barely make out however before long the first thing he noticed that weren't his own screams was hands, cupping his face.

"Mieczyslaw" The voice was soft.

Stiles flinched away, remembering the Mistress's hold on him.

"It's in your own head. Its not real" The voice said gently.

It's not real.

It's not real.

He could hear these words clearer, they almost drowned out the screaming, almost.

His vision swam back into focus. Madam Rucia's concerned came into full view.

"M-ma'am" Stiles managed to say, though it was difficult, with his lungs burning and the screams inside his head, threatening to overwhelm everything.

"You're still there, good" Madam Rucia muttered.

Stiles withheld a whimper, curling into himself more.

"I-I can still hear it, still hear everything

Madam Rucia's expression from concerned, turned to sympathy.

"I'm sorry that happened to you Mieczyslaw, but you need to be in this reality, if you want to make it through this, do you understand?"

With great difficulty but slowly Stiles panic started to de escalate as they talked, however...

"H-how am I...meant to m-make it through this?! They are g-going to kill me, aren't they?"

Madam Rucia's voice was hard as she replied, moving closer to him "Not if I can help it"

Stiles didn't dare to hope.

Instead he said, looking at the ground in defeat "Theres no use, he hates me, the Lord won't listen to you"

"No" Madam Rucia agreed.

But then she stood up, while pulling Stiles to his own, making sure he didn't fall down again.

Her eyes locked onto his and Stiles just couldn't look away.

As just with a few words, his breathing returned to normal, the screams vanished and his heart swelled with hope.

"But" She said "He will listen to the Grand Master"

I'm on the train going back to my accommodation. My mum really loved my surprise 🤗 I might be able to comment on my earlier chapter but it might be later as well, depending on my Wifi on the train.  I hope you enjoy this chapter, hope you had a great day! And let me know what you think xx